Ballet Teacher Is Going Viral After Voicing Her Frustrations With Kids And Parents. "Kids Want To Dance To PoundTown."

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Dance and music classes always face this battle. They want to teach kids classical music and shyt.
Kids find it boring, parents find it boring when they go to the kids dance recitals.

The most popular music programs always incorporate popular music into their programs. My highschool had a marching band that would play Trick Daddy songs and juvenile tracks. we used to go to the football games just to see the band perform and leave after half time.

I get you wanna be a purist and teach traditional stuff, but you would be more successful recruiting kids, and also be the main event if you appeal to modern tastes. you can still sprinkle in some classical stuff

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I need to bring that teacher to poundtown
Uh, uh, I'm out here in Miami
Lookin' for the dance teachers (where they at?)
Where the bytches that do recitals (where they at?)
My next kid need a new mami
Too many nikkas, where the bytches at?
I'm tryna make her coochie scratched (yeah)
I'm tryna make her coochie stretched (yeah)
You know them tall light skin nikkas do it the best (oh, yeah)
I like a bytch with a tat
All my bytches eat my ass
You know she Sexyy, she's the best (Sexyy)
I'm the shyt, lil' bytch, I'm next (you know it)
I-I-I can't say her name 'cause I be cheatin' (I love you, baby)
Yeah, and that mouth the reason
Ahahaha, real nikkas love a bad bytch (yeah, yeah)
What thecoli say? Nut on her t*ts (Yeah)

MC ColiMayne aka Big Coli

Last edited:

Left.A1

Superstar
Daps
it's a symptom of a bigger problem. if your 5 year old is openly listening to and requesting Sexxy Red, what else is happening?
Imagine being dull enough to think listening to one rap song is a kids gateway drug to living a bad life lmao …imagine how worthless of a parent you’d have to be to say that about yourself:deadrose:
if we had parental licenses, you wouldnt exist breh.
Possibly but at least you wouldn’t be able to procreate :mjlol:

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
You guys ever think that radio stations need to be held accountable, to some level, for what songs they choose to air?

I'm sure these days certain songs or artists can go viral online. But I suspect the majority of songs become popular by air play on the radio.
Actually the radio is beyond washed at this point, unless you based out out NY, LA, Miami or Atlanta, (Pretty much the places celebs make their press runs) and even still it hold only a fraction of the influence it use to 20 years ago

TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and IG are the breeding grounds for new breakthroughs in pop culture and has more of a stranglehold on kids then radio ever could

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually the radio is beyond washed at this point, unless you based out out NY, LA, Miami or Atlanta, (Pretty much the places celebs make their press runs) and even still it hold only a fraction of the influence it use to 20 years ago

TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and IG are the breeding grounds for new breakthroughs in pop culture and has more of a stranglehold on kids then radio ever could
If you're getting media coverage in New York, LA, Miami and Atlanta, that sets the stage for you getting a foothold everywhere else though.

The point I'm getting at is that radio (like, say...MTV in the early years) is somewhat of a curator for the kind of music the country gets to hear.
So they have tremendous power to shape the narrative of what's popular...and therefore what gets idolized or admired.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Dance and music classes always face this battle. They want to teach kids classical music and shyt.
Kids find it boring, parents find it boring when they go to the kids dance recitals.

The most popular music programs always incorporate popular music into their programs. My highschool had a marching band that would play Trick Daddy songs and juvenile tracks. we used to go to the football games just to see the band perform and leave after half time.

I get you wanna be a purist and teach traditional stuff, but you would be more successful recruiting kids, and also be the main event if you appeal to modern tastes. you can still sprinkle in some classical stuff

It should go the other way around you should sprinkle in the modern stuff, the fundamentals are more important in the long run.

I was listening to the radio a couple days ago out of sheer curiosity and it seemed so directionless. I wouldn't be surprised if these huge station broke apart and started playing less popular music of a higher quality just to build an audience. Portland for example has a few local stations that take this approach, lots of hipsters who choose to listen to radio.

Ricky Fontaine

Superstar
Daps
You guys ever think that radio stations need to be held accountable, to some level, for what songs they choose to air?

I'm sure these days certain songs or artists can go viral online. But I suspect the majority of songs become popular by air play on the radio.

Hell fukking yeah!

The cat was about of the bag when they refuse to air that Michael Jackson song with the (non-offensive) use of the k-word.

Once they did that, there was no justification for the use of n-word on air. If that shyt was banned like other slurs, 90% of the issues we have involving hiphop/rap music would resolve itself.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
she is clearly not cut out to work with children.

children are not always well behaved no matter the era. like i said in another thread coaches been cussing out kids for acting up at practice since i was playing little league

Since 1971? Damn. :picard:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It should go the other way around you should sprinkle in the modern stuff, the fundamentals are more important in the long run.
If you don't want any kids to sign up, then yeah. More modern stuff doesn't just increase interest, you can also make enough money to rival the sports programs too. Plus the kids will benefit. They'll get trips to the Macy's day parade and actually have recognition for their dance and music when applying to college. Then if they want to persue their musical interests at a higher level, they can then study the more "fundamental" (not an accurate term, more historical, any thing can be fundamental) in college