Baldur Gate 3 sup with it with M$ it cant run on their piece of shyt box causing delays(not before 2024)?

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
PS5 is gonna get some unofficial exclusives because of this bozo decision making at Microsoft.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Another one.

I think next gen Microsoft just needs to go with one console at launch because I don't think mid to late gen will be kind to series s. Plus, it most likely affects PS5 and Series X because devs have to account for Series S

The Series S absolutely throttles the entire generation for 3rd party development.

There's a reason why nothing looks close to Sony's 1P games like HFW, GOWR, Demons Souls, etc on its closest competitor's platform...

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The Series S absolutely throttles the entire generation for 3rd party development.

There's a reason why nothing looks close to Sony's 1P games like HFW, GOWR, Demons Souls, etc on its closest competitor's platform...
It's an interesting strategy that seems good on paper of having a low barrier entry piece of hardware. However, it's not going to work out well if there is that large of a power difference because there is no way the Series S can last for an 8 year generation imo. I think Microsoft really might have to consider starting next gen earlier than expected because it's not going to be pretty mid to late gen with S holding everything back. Plus, devs might do the business decision of skipping xbox due to S constraint. I felt Larian had some meetings with their team about dropping xbox all together because of it.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
It's an interesting strategy that seems good on paper of having a low barrier entry piece of hardware. However, it's not going to work out well if there is that large of a power difference because there is no way the Series S can last for an 8 year generation imo. I think Microsoft really might have to consider starting next gen earlier than expected because it's not going to be pretty mid to late gen with S holding everything back. Plus, devs might do the business decision of skipping xbox due to S constraint. I felt Larian had some meetings with their team about dropping xbox all together because of it.

Its a short sighted strategy because not only a couple years into this generation, we're getting these 3rd party games that are locked to 30 FPS only on the Series S, and both of these examples arent super demanding titles.

MS is either going to go two ways later into this generation - they're either going to remove the development mandate that every game is developed for both Series S and Series X, or like you said, start next generation earlier than expected with a new slate since they already fukked up this generation.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If microsoft releases a new generation xbox in 2026 their customers would have every right to feel ripped off, we haven’t even really begun the current gen yet, so to start another one in 3 years would be insane.

And the X is already so over designed and expensive i can’t imagine a major power leap that would justify it.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If microsoft releases a new generation xbox in 2026 their customers would have every right to feel ripped off, we haven’t even really begun the current gen yet, so to start another one in 3 years would be insane.

And the X is already so over designed and expensive i can’t imagine a major power leap that would justify it.
it's a double edge sword because the S can't last for 8 years unless they're going to drop certain requirements for devs, but they may not want the PR for that. I think they should start next gen 2026 or 2027 and launch next gen whenever elder scrolls 6 is ready. I think that game is big enough game to make that bold of a move for.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
it's a double edge sword because the S can't last for 8 years unless they're going to drop certain requirements for devs, but they may not want the PR for that. I think they should start next gen 2026 or 2027 and launch next gen whenever elder scrolls 6 is ready. I think that game is big enough game to make that bold of a move for.

Meh, the switch lasted 7+ years being extremely underpowered. Microsoft is just going to have to rely on their 32+ studios if devs start delaying or pulling their games from the platform.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps

I wouldn't be surprise if 3rd party devs forces Microsoft's hands to make the Series S on par with the X, even it it means more money lost for them (and it probably won't happen) or let them ignore the S.