Baldur Gate 3 sup with it with M$ it cant run on their piece of shyt box causing delays(not before 2024)?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the issue is with split-screen co-op, which is like running two instances of the game, especially if it allows both players to do whatever they want. this could mean both players are in very different parts of the map, with completely different assets. could be hitting a wall because to the amount of memory in the Series S

MS should just let them drop split screen from the S :yeshrug:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the issue is with split-screen co-op, which is like running two instances of the game, especially if it allows both players to do whatever they want. this could mean both players are in very different parts of the map, with completely different assets. could be hitting a wall because to the amount of memory in the Series S

MS should just let them drop split screen from the S :yeshrug:

So fukk over Series S owners by allowing devs to drop features?

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think they should've patched coop at a later date for Xbox Series X/S.

I think the only option for Microsoft is not to make a mid gen upgrade but start next gen a year 12-18 months before Playstastion. Also, they should never launch with two different consoles ever again. It would be wise to launch next gen with elder scrolls 6, and call it a day because they can't compete with Sony if they launch in same window imo.

rdj

Pro
Daps
As the gen goes on the series S will just be taking L after L. One day there will be blog post saying they going to throw that shyt in the bushes.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think they should've patched coop at a later date for Xbox Series X/S.

I think the only option for Microsoft is not to make a mid gen upgrade but start next gen a year 12-18 months before Playstastion. Also, they should never launch with two different consoles ever again. It would be wise to launch next gen with elder scrolls 6, and call it a day because they can't compete with Sony if they launch in same window imo.

I think releasing a year early would be a grave mistake. It would just alllow sony to come out with a stronger console again

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think releasing a year early would be a grave mistake. It would just alllow sony to come out with a stronger console again
It might be true, but they can utilize mid gen refresh. I think they're in a tough spot where they can't go head to head against Sony if they release at the same time. Also, you don't want to release a severely under-powered console if you release a year early. I would honestly take the risk though because you don't want it 3 gens in a row where you give consumers the choice and majority choose Sony again.

Anyways, thing could change if they release some must-haves or if people get sold on gamepass due to their recent acquisitions and whatnot.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
So fukk over Series S owners by allowing devs to drop features?
Yes, fukk em.

If what that dev said about having to split levels due to the S not being able to load them is true, then that's something that's fukking over both series X and ps5 owners.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or series S owners have to wait for those features, right now series x owners are being punished for it

Once again, they aren't going to give the middle finger a huge amount of their hardware owners - that's terrible PR for the company and the Series S itself.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
this is what I’ve been saying. yet, Larry stans insist the only difference between the X and S is that the latter can’t run games in 4k lol

I said once this cross-gen period ends its gonna be trouble for xbox if they keep these parity clauses between the two.
Microsoft's dumbass could've easily made the Series S similar to the X, but without the disc drive like how Sony did with the PS5, but noooooooooooooooo :martin: