Baker Mayfield’s football story is for real some movie type shyt.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
I remember when the buzz was he'd fall to the Jets and I was unsure about him because I don't watch college ball. After youtubing this dudes games, didn't take long to tell this dude had "it". Then the Browns took him.:shaq2:

Great story, most importantly talent. I'm already sorry we missed out on him.

The part that really makes me love it is that the Texas Tech Coach (forgot dude’s name) basically stopped communicating with Baker, which is why he left :mjcry:

I mean random folks not believing in you, ok. But your own COACH?? Dawg :wow:

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
jumped on this wagon early. when i saw him swag on tennessee (not sure if kiffin was still there) i looked his story up. what won me over was the story of him bringing a teammate home during a school break to show his father dude was a good guy (during all the mike brown/trayvon protest shyt).

winner
leader
cares about black people
got rhythm & swag

if you cant get behind that, condolences to your vagina.
You are pathetic

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
jumped on this wagon early. when i saw him swag on tennessee (not sure if kiffin was still there) i looked his story up. what won me over was the story of him bringing a teammate home during a school break to show his father dude was a good guy (during all the mike brown/trayvon protest shyt).

winner
leader
cares about black people
got rhythm & swag

if you cant get behind that, condolences to your vagina.

Im a baker fan all the eay but you cacs are insuferable with you fake piety.

You guys are monsters and you dont even realize it.

Go fukk yourself

LebronsJumper

All Star
Daps
"Baker Mayfield" sounds like a typical name for a white quarterback in a football movie :mjlol:
what's he drive?

1995-f150-green-supercab.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
  • Backup QB in high school
  • Starting QB got got injured in the championship game. Baker took over and balled out
  • No big offers from colleges
  • Walked on to Texas Tech
  • Took over because of injuries
  • Got injured himself, got almost shunned by coach
  • Transferred to OU
  • Had to sit a year
  • Took over at OU, balled out, won the Heisman
  • First overall pick
  • Takes over in second half to shine light on the shytty ass Browns

Watch this mf lead the Browns to the Super Bowl in like 2-3 years :wow:

Y’all can’t tell me his life isn’t scripted man this is straight out of all those inspirational sports movies

Something that makes it even more Hollywood - the quarterback that got injured who he replaced at Texas Tech was the guy who had started ahead of him at his own high school. And that guy was like blueblood Texas QB dynasty stock, his dad and granddad and uncle had all been starters at QB for Texas. That's classic sports movie to come in as a high school freshman and be behind this godly upperclassman, then have to walk on to Texas Tech to play behind him, only to come up due to an injury and then end up never letting the chosen son back onto the field again.

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Something that makes it even more Hollywood - the quarterback that got injured who he replaced at Texas Tech was the guy who had started ahead of him at his own high school. And that guy was like blueblood Texas QB dynasty stock, his dad and granddad and uncle had all been starters at QB for Texas. That's classic sports movie to come in as a high school freshman and be behind this godly upperclassman, then have to walk on to Texas Tech to play behind him, only to come up due to an injury and then end up never letting the chosen son back onto the field again.

Yo what? :dwillhuh:

I’ve never heard of a story so perfectly written. Earth really might be a simulation

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yo what? :dwillhuh:

I’ve never heard of a story so perfectly written. Earth really might be a simulation
Yup, Michael Brewer was the starting QB at Lake Travis High School when Mayfield was a freshman and sophomore, and he led them to state championships both years. His grandpa Charlie Brewer was a Texas state champion in 1951 and the Longhorns QB from 1953-55, his dad was a state champ in 1980 and the Longhorns quarterback from 1981-1982. Both of them beat Bear Bryant on the field.

Michael came onto Texas Tech as a highly recruited QB and redshirted his first year, was the backup his redshirt freshman year, and was supposed to have the starting job his sophomore year until he hurt his back in the summer and Mayfield, his former backup, the walk-on whose only offers had been from Rice, New Mexico, and FAU, came out of nowhere and grabbed the starting job over all the scholarship QBs, then threw for 400 yards and 4 tds in his first ever game. Michael Brewer ended up only throwing 10 passes in mop-up duty all year, at the end of the season he transferred to Virginia Tech and was the starter there for two years.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
yeah, dont really know how slim tried to turn that around like "trying to change my *prejudice father's perspective" makes him a klansmen. some of yall on that k2.
It’s Dude’s gimmick in here. Youve been serenaded