Back during ancient times, who had more power and influence?

Back during ancient times, who had more power and influence?

• Kings

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Emperors

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Popes

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
First off, you need to state what you mean by ancient times. That's such a broad term that could mean anything. The 1500's could be considered ancient time.

Second, in what region? The Pope had/has no pull over in Asia. Ghengis Khan is one of the 10 most powerful people in history (not counting U.S. presidents), so him being an emperor, he would surely be your answer.

I would say his son Ogedey was the most powerful single person ever. The ruler of the largest contiguous empire in world history, and the leader of a military that was so advanced it would probably have beaten any army up until the invention of cars and planes more than 600 years later.

Jorvan

All Star
Daps
Even in Europe, the pope wasn't always as powerful as you guys are making him out to be. There are plenty of kings who have shytted on the papacy or ignored the demands of the church. Outside of Italy, the pope was only as influential as the kings allowed him to be. I answered kings for the poll because the only European emperors I can think of are the Holy Roman Emperors and their powers were always kept in check from what I remember :yeshrug:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
I would say his son Ogedey was the most powerful single person ever. The ruler of the largest contiguous empire in world history, and the leader of a military that was so advanced it would probably have beaten any army up until the invention of cars and planes more than 600 years later.

Who would you say were top ten most powerful?

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Saw edit, good points! Who would you say were top ten most powerful people in history?
That's a great question. Ima have to pass that off to the more knowledgeable posters:pachaha:.

No order:
  • Genghis Khan
  • Alexander The Great
  • Napoleon, but his reign was short like leprechauns(:mjgrin:)
  • Then you have some Asian emperors/kings, which I have no clue about off top.
  • King Phillip II(?)
As you can see, even though I love history, I'm a bit rusty.