Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Just imagine if Marvel let him make Ant Man like he wanted. :wow:
it was already good though :patrice:

guardians of the galaxy volume 2, in theaters now

spiderman: homecoming, coming july 7th to a theater near you

edgar wright is basically wes anderson part2 for cacs. Anything he makes is gold. Me personally i only thought scott pilgrim was really good. His other flicks are just really entertaining. This looks to be in the same vein and will garner the same praise. At least he found a way to put a black person in his flick this time around :ld:
yeah didnt really see anything special about it. the same usual quick shots with some quirk mixed in.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don't understand how some of you cats can be more hyped for superhero movies and fast and furious bullshyt than an original movie like this directed by Edgar Wright. This movie looks dope and I'm glad the trailer didn't give away any of the big action scenes. I like my superhero flicks too but actual movies seem so far and few inbetween these days....

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't understand how some of you cats can be more hyped for superhero movies and fast and furious bullshyt than an original movie like this directed by Edgar Wright. This movie looks dope and I'm glad the trailer didn't give away any of the big action scenes. I like my superhero flicks too but actual movies seem so far and few inbetween these days....
I grew up reading about the characters they are putting on screen, and I wouldve never had guessed that they would be as good (visually and story wise) as they are now.

That's not to say that I don't get hyped for some original films but I'm not really feeling what I saw in the trailer
:yeshrug:

Conz

Superstar
Daps
between the title, the non-huge star lead, and the fact trailers don't show 1% of Edgar Wright's brilliance, this will just be another cricially hailed, beloved EW movie that makes like $40 mil in America, sadly.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

I'm hype for both breh. I love Edgar Wright
it was already good though :patrice:

guardians of the galaxy volume 2, in theaters now

spiderman: homecoming, coming july 7th to a theater near you

yeah didnt really see anything special about it. the same usual quick shots with some quirk mixed in.

Was it?:patrice: well let me rephrase. It was fine. I feel like Edgar could've taken it over the top but that's preference obviously. I like the way he directs, his eye for visuals, and love his dialogue. A comic book flick from the same guy who wrote the three cornetto's trilogy is what I need in my life.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I'm hype for both breh. I love Edgar Wright

Was it?:patrice: well let me rephrase. It was fine. I feel like Edgar could've taken it over the top but that's preference obviously. I like the way he directs, his eye for visuals, and love his dialogue. A comic book flick from the same guy who wrote the three cornetto's trilogy is what I need in my life.

Ant Man was the safest uninspiring and bland paint by numbers film in maybe 10 years.
I can understand people disliking some EW films but at least he tries.
Can you imagine how great that tiny train part in Ant Man directed by EW would be?

:winnie:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Original? Maybe some of his other stuff but this looks like a mix of 3 other movies I have seen before.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Original? Maybe some of his other stuff but this looks like a mix of 3 other movies I have seen before.

All of his movies are original in the same sense Tarantino's movies are. He pays homage, satires, parodies, etc his infleunces in all of his movies, the difference is Edgar Wright's movies tend to lean more heavily on the comedic side.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i read the script yesterday... which was kinda pointless b/c it had all the music cues in it and i knew maybe 2 of 40 songs. i can't even imagine how painstaking it was for this guy to figure out the playlist he wanted to pace the movie with. all the actions sync to beats of the track playing. i have a feeling it's gonna blow people away in that regard... but "haters" will say it's all gimmick.

and yes, i read scripts before i see a movie. i'd literally read every script of a movie i want to see if i could find them. Spoilers have zero impact on me these days.