Daps
:usure:

stacey-floyd-thomas.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stacey_M._Floyd-Thomas

Breh, read my whole post.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I can't recall one song from this chick. Why can't she get rich in famous first? It's not as funny when d-list celebs do it.

LandryFieldsDad

All Star
Daps
Religion in and of itself is not a bad thing.
The basic pillars of every religion is to love yourself and love your fellow man.

Religion misconstrued is the problem. It lead to wars over the years and it's a problem to this day. Not to mention the money it bleeds from the poor and the ignorance it begets.

But again... "nam saying? The slaves weren't even asked if they wanted to be Christians!"

No doubt banks. What are you gonna research tomorrow and skim through and write thirty tweets about?

Smart dumb bytch

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Religious programming is such a silly thing. Here we have Man the so called children of God resorting to following some doctrine set forth by specific people or groups of people whom just created these teachings based off of their alleged dealings with God him/herself.

You are given free will and a brain to do as such but to the moment you question your religious programming you are chastised by those around you and are said to be tempted by the devil(which I don't believe in) and that you need some guidance.

Furthermore, the whole concept of sin seems manufactured. These religions thrive off of sin and negativity because without it what would be the point?? Sin is very powerful these days and the rulers of society would NOT like some religious group or whatnot truly eradicating so called sin off of this earth. How would banks that :eat: off of interest still be around in a paradise like world?? Ain't usury something Christianity against?

Religious people are usually well meaning but ignorance of universal laws doesn't make you exempt from consequences and because of that it's usually why you have good people dying young and people who seem to do the corrupt shyt still thriving in the world. The black man and woman has been going to church damn near all their life and is inundated with religion all throughout their communities and yet what have it done for us??? Just a feel good service that teaches you to follow and pray to something outside of self and that if you stay obedient you will be saved from sin(which is probably a made up concept), and granted paradise after life. :what:?? No personal responsibility?? Just believe?? :camby:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
These are the type of threads I like, thought provoking discussion, not black men and women bashing each other while offering no type of solutions.

:salute:

Dreamzeedream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
seriously?

Almost everybody knows that slave masters and CACs back then thought that they were helping them slaves out by giving them religion cause they thought it would "civilize" them.

Why make something "civilize" that's you already have "control" of

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Nah man. It a serious question. I couldn't ask anybody my age about this stuff.

I try to study jesus and his teachings but I just don't see the benefit of them forcing religion on slaves

The thinking was that if you can convince slaves that their situation is what god wanted, and that they'll go to heaven if they're good obedient slaves, then they'll be a lot more docile and easier to control. Less likely to rebel or cause trouble.

Quote a couple bible verses endorsing slavery and get slaves to believe they're gonna get an eternal reward if they're good, and they'll be a lot more accepting of being slaves. That was the idea, anyway.