Ayo Capcom might want to take the same approach SE is taking for Final Fantasy main titles when it comes to putting Street Fighter for Xbox. shytS BAD

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
They've been anti cross play for years now. Of course People will say, well back in the 360 days MS was anti cross play as a rebuttal as if that matters now.

This article doesn't say anything about Sony flat out charging developers for crossplay. It's a clause about games like fortnite where content bought on one console is shared between all platforms.

The article doesn’t say anything about Sony charging for crossplay for games where content isn't shared between platforms.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

đź«Łđź«Łđź«Ł
Should’ve kept it exclusive like last time instead of wasting money and resources to put it on that shytbox :dead:

3rd parties are going to cater to where the money is more and more if these kinda splits happen. FF15 was damn near a 9 to 1 ratio for ps to xbox.

Wonder what the digital splits were.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This article doesn't say anything about Sony flat out charging developers for crossplay. It's a clause about games like fortnite where content bought on one console is shared between all platforms.

The article doesn’t say anything about Sony charging for crossplay for games where content isn't shared between platforms.
It was a hot topic a few years ago and is all over the internet if you want to do research. Harada also flat out confirmed it in so many words during a dev deep dive when asked about cross play between all systems a few years back.

I'm about to play SF6 now so I'm

business-closed-sign.jpg

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It was a hot topic a few years ago and is all over the internet if you want to do research. Harada also flat out confirmed it in so many words during a dev deep dive when asked about cross play between all systems a few years back.

business-closed-sign.jpg

Lol you know you got him on the ropes when he willingly leaves the thread

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
I ain’t gonna lie, I’m over Xbox altogether. I can’t just be a flat out Sony fanboy like a lot for these nikkas, but this is definitely the last gen I’ll own an Xbox and there has never been a gen that I didn’t purchase all major consoles.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

business-closed-sign.jpg
:mjlol:
How you gonna post some bullshyt and tell me to do my own research on the bullshyt you posted.

I just googled the shyt and every article sourced the same shyt you posted. It says that sony charges epic if the revenue earned doesn't match the player base, specifically talking about people who might buy fortnite skins on iPhone even though they play on ps4 90 percent of the time.

It has nothing to do with games that don't share content between platforms.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Nah this was widely reported by a few outlets during the Epic case it’s not just the typical storefront/marketplace stuff for DLC and microtransactions. They collect royalties from the devs for enabling crossplay and have the right to audit them as well according to the agreement

PZp6sni.png

This document showed Sony demanding a royalty payment whenever a significant number of PlayStation users contributed to a title's earnings. This is in order to "offset the reduction in revenue" caused by cross-platform functionality.

Sony has a historic reluctance to allow cross-platform play; the company initially blocked cross-play for Rocket League and Minecraft back in 2017. This also happened to Fortnite in 2018, but Sony caved a few months later following pressure from the Fortnite community.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I feel the tricky thing is MIcrosoft doubled down on digital this gen with Series S. There's a good portion of Xbox owners that just own a series s which is a digital console. I think xbox gamers tend to gravitate more towards digital, so that could be why the gap is that big in the UK

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah this was widely reported by a few outlets during the Epic case it’s not just the typical storefront/marketplace stuff for DLC and microtransactions. They collect royalties from the devs for enabling crossplay and have the right to audit them as well according to the agreement

PZp6sni.png
This is talking about games that share content between platforms. Even the examples given in that quote are games where you can buy content on one platform and access it on another platform.

Looking at the chart, it's saying that if a game generates $1 million and 95 percent of the player base was on psn then Sony expects atleast 90 percent of the revenue.

If 95 percent of the player base was on playstation but sony only got 60 percent of the revenue, they charge the publisher because that means a huge chunk of people are buying content on other platforms and using it on playstation, which means Sony would be losing money for allowing crossplay.

Canon

Veteran
Daps
They clearly don't have any games and are feeling stressed by the success of Zelda, the lackluster Sony showcase and the upcoming xbox showcase.
Final fantasy in a few weeks :pachaha:

I know y’all don’t live in reality tho