Avowed (PC, Xbox Series X|S) (February 18, 2025)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:mjlol:
I know exactly what you’re talking about. For some reason I loved it. As soon as I heard a sob story I’d be in a rush to find another one lol. I still have to finish the second one and divinity 2.
im really not exaggerating either that's what's crazy.

i think the disconnect with pillars and other grim world's is that often times *you* are the catalyst in other games. in pillars you're just chasing down a god and he's flipping you off from across the horizon while you do some "i'll get you next time gadget!!" shyt between chapters

tyranny tho? shyt is bad and im about to make it worse :demonic: endless entertainment now matter what route you took
"we need to you to get rid of these raiders" "oh word? those are my boys :demonic: they just trying to get promoted"
"free me from this dictators spell!" "its my spell now :demonic: say less"
"we're not allowed to go into those ruins" "so you want to stay out here with me? bet :demonic:"

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can’t say it’s wack BUT unlike some of y’all I never really been a fan of Bethesda Lite minus FO New Vegas

This one didn’t grab me from what was shown but I’ll keep a lookout for anything new

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
this honestly looks like something id start and never finish, plus im not really familiar with the series

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Obsidian has a very specify way of handling RPG dialog and quests. No matter what the structure of the game is, the draw for fans is usually the choices you make and the companions you meet and work with.

Like pentiment was basically just their quest structure/story telling boiled down to point and click game. Looking at the graphics and setting, i wasn’t really interested, but once i started playing, they just hook you with Story/Characters/choices you can make and i ended up loving that game.

They get compared to Bethesda games, but i don’t think that’s a great comparison outside of being First Person RPGs.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
It's a new IP, there's nothing to be familiar with other than pillars but that's just the setting of the world

The idea is that if you like skyrim you'll probably like this
well. if enough of arcadium say its crazy ill fukk with it. as it stands im cool

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's a new IP, there's nothing to be familiar with other than pillars but that's just the setting of the world

The idea is that if you like skyrim you'll probably like this
Isn’t it in the same world as Pillars of Eternity