Avengers: Infinity War CRUSHES opening weekend with $630 million box office.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
As much as I've bashed DC and rightfully so I find no joy at all in their failure.

JL with the right build up and direction and passion could have been Infinity War.

We're in a Golden Era for comic flick adaptations and this shyt sucks.

They've got some great stories to tell and can't get out of their own way.
From the outside looking in I'd say they tried to rush it maybe? I'm sure they made other mistakes, but Marvel took a decade and a ton of movies to build up to this moment. They played the long game and they put in the hard work to reap the benefits.

How many years and movies lead up to Justice League? A couple years? A few movies?

Did DC just want to catch up to Marvel right away and bank on the popularity of Batman and Superman to get them there?

The crazy shyt is before the MCU, nobody really gave a fukk about most of the Avengers. The biggest Marvel characters were Spider Man and X-Men, right? They had to take Ironman, Thor, Cap, etc, and MAKE THEM popular with the average movie-goer because they couldn't bank off the name popularity.

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
70flzb.jpg

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
What are Deadpool 2 prerelease numbers looking like? I hear no one talking about.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I honestly have no desire to see another avatar movie , I feel like they’re gonna push agendas :hhh:
Yo James Cameron was my favorite director before Avatar. Dude was unfukkwithable from Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, Terminator 2, and True Lies. Titanic was decent, but kind of a big budget chick flick. That's fine. he has a passion for the sea and for the titanic story. I get it.

But then to take so many years off and come back with Avatar which was basically fern gully meets Dances with Wolves, and super generic mostly? And to do nothing of note since then?

Worse yet, IMDB lists Avatr 2 and 3 as filming and lists 4 and 5 as all being in pre-production. 5 has a release date of 2025, so it looks like he's tied up doing Avatar flicks for at least the next 7-8 years.

:snoop:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
You think there's a chance they have to reboot again?

I could see it.

They can't keep doing down this path.

They're fukked both ways.

Reboot means admitting failure but at the same time Wonder Woman at least gave them some much needed credibility. Hopefully Aquaman does too.

Staying the same just keeps alienating folks.

Affleck gotta go and do so Cavill. And I like Cavill he never really had the flick or director to give a phenomenal performance and film.

They really should have done MOS 2 with Braniac.

Snyder and their executive team made an epic, colossal massive misfire that is the poster child of what not to do. And unlike Disney they own all their characters and still fukked it up.

Wait until the after credit X-Men/FF plays in like 2020 or 2021. Another 20 flick franchise.

Unbelievable.