Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'd argue that while I love Guardians, the thing that keeps it from being a great movie is the villain. I don't think it's a flawed critique if the basis of a battle is between good and evil. If the evil is lacking, then it makes for less compelling narrative. I don't think Hellboy is a "great" movie either..it's good yeah but it's not great. We just disagree on this front: I love heroes but I want to see that hero challenged not just internally but externally. I want to see them pushed and go up against someone who's just as smart as them if not smarter and more deadly because they have no morals or ethics. It's one reason the dark knight works so well and one reason Dark Knight Rises disappointed me, because they undercut Bane, who was for most of that movie, a great villain. The best Bond movies in my eyes are the ones with the biggest threats to Bond, same with superhero flicks. It's what separates a good movie from a great movie

The way they undercut Bane and his origin at the end of TDKR kinda took away a lot for me too honestly

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
it is not the best movie from start to finish but in terms of pure spectacle it is unmatched in the genre, and let's be honest with ourselves that is the main draw of these movies in the first place.

avengers was worth it for the 3rd act alone.

Alonzo-Mourning.gif

Yeah that Third act is almost unfukkwitable.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The way they undercut Bane and his origin at the end of TDKR kinda took away a lot for me too honestly

Word. Had you told me upfront that he was a henchman I could rock with it but you do it in the end of the movie and it's so uneventful when it happens and it just takes away all the drama you've built up between Bane and Batman. And then just like that, he's gone.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Word. Had you told me upfront that he was a henchman I could rock with it but you do it in the end of the movie and it's so uneventful when it happens and it just takes away all the drama you've built up between Bane and Batman. And then just like that, he's gone.
That the part that TDKR stans don't understand when we criticize Bane being just a goon. If it was more upfront, then it wouldn't be a problem at all. But what we thought was his origin was built up very nicely, and to find out that the origin was actually Talia's really deflated how you felt about Bane.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
That the part that TDKR stans don't understand when we criticize Bane being just a goon. If it was more upfront, then it wouldn't be a problem at all. But what we thought was his origin was built up very nicely, and to find out that the origin was actually Talia's really deflated how you felt about Bane.
Not really. The problem with Bane, is that he does nothing for the second half of the movie. All he does is stand off to the side, while Scarecrow judges. It has nothing to do with Talia

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Next few years gonna be crack.
1dda494f1c03e9ec02d21317c6107225.jpg

download.jpg

I think this will back fire. Scheduling movies that far only works but so far. Marvel the only one playing it smart by only having movie titles confirmed 2 years out. The only exception is Guardians and that's because it was just released and just got the green light for a sequel. Do nikkas really care if Green Lantern is gonna be coming out 6 years from now :mjpls:

A lot of things can change in 4 years. Marvel has phases, but they didn't try to oversaturate their brand.