Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Using the same tropes over and over I'd say are his worst limitations, and although I personally didn't mind it, this movie does copy a lot of elements from its predecessor.
well if it ain't broke :banderas:

But he did his job. He gave us two enjoyable blockbusters to lead us into the ultimate feast which will be infinity wars part one and two. And if the Russo bros can recapture that winter soldier magic and bring it to a grand scale of thanos leaving the Heros strewn across the galaxy :ohlawd:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
even getting away like he's always done, he's still the hulk....he knows this....that's why him thinking he could not be the hulk anymore cause of ultron didnt make sense....

you're right, he has tried to kill himself, but that was at the beginning when he didnt like being the hulk...but he's gotten more accepting of the hulk and has learned to control/guide him, which a1 showed...in a2, they took all that shyt away.....they made it seem like he had no control over the change and he was scared every lil thing wouldve made him change to the hulk, which was bullshyt...

agree to disagree breh. you saw it one way i saw it another

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That is your opinion just like everything else in this thread so I'm not seeing where you are going with it. I am not a huge RT fan but The Dark Knight Rises is at 89%. It has a big IMDB score also. The audience reaction on RT is overwhelmingly positive. One could say that you are in the minority in saying that it is terrible.. although to be perfectly honest I thought it was weaker than the first two by a fair margin. Regardless of my opinion or yours, why is DC even a topic of discussion in here? See how this works? This is an Age of Ultron thread. We could discuss other MCU movies maybe because that would make sense but once people start venturing off into comparisons with DC the thread will turn to shyt just like all of the others. I'm not saying that you are at fault because I realize others have mentioned DC as well but it's crazy that we can't go one thread without someone supposedly being a "hater" :pachaha:

:manny:

I'm :mjlol:at cats talking about "'The Dark Knight Rises' got good reviews though!" as if DC fans wasn't threatening to kill critics over negative reviews. shyt got so bad RT had to stop accepting user comments and completely rethink their entire process.

And as far as the average person liking it, they also liked "Paul Blart" enough for it to get a sequel. So that means nothing.
Regardless, I agree that DC shouldn't be a topic of discussion but every time a Marvel movie comes out the Nolan trilogy gets mentioned. I could kinda understand 3 years ago....but now? :why:

Cats are just setting themselves up for failure....because if the entire MCU is inferior to the Nolan trilogy so be it....but what's gonna happen if "Batman V Superman" is inferior, too? Are people going to judge "Aquaman" against "The Dark Knight"? Where does it stop?

Fred.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I give it a strong 7. *SPOILERS BELOW* don't know how to do tags

Technically strong. Felt hollow and like a mid season finale. Ultron was cool but too humorous and never felt too scary. Also didn't get a lot of bodies. Quicksilver dying felt unnecessary. Love story sucked.

Loved Thor and Hawkeye. Iron Man vs Hulk was amazing. Cap did his thing. Twins were cool.

Liked. Just felt empty. Nowhere near the big 4 of Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Definitely above the rest though.

dark knight rises status

Nah can't co-sign that. At all. Unlike AoU, TDKR felt heavy, important, and powerful. Complete anti thesis to this move.

I acknowledge TDKR is far more flawed than BB and TDK, but let's not wild out lol.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
With the audiences reaction to Quicksilver dying, you gotta say, they did a good job of making people fall in love with a character quickly.

I mean they just introduced this character with this film, and he was a villain for 3/4 of it, but people in the theater still had a huge reaction to Quicksilver dying.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
nikka's been saying I'm a marvel fan boy all day, yet I'm the only person who recognizes Batman Begins as the GOAT Batman movie. Meanwhile everyone sucking The Dark Knight's dikk like Batman wasn't a secondary character in his own film, and Harvey Dent should never have been two face in this movie at all. Top that off With Two face conveniently landing the coin on whatever side for the joker to live(Despite the fact the Joker killed his Bride to be and scarred him for life) And the joker eluding an entire police car in a police cruiser.

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka's been saying I'm a marvel fan boy all day, yet I'm the only person who recognizes Batman Begins as the GOAT Batman movie. Meanwhile everyone sucking The Dark Knight's dikk like Batman wasn't a secondary character in his own film, and Harvey Dent should never have been two face in this movie at all. Top that off With Two face conveniently landing the coin on whatever side for the joker to live(Despite the fact the Joker killed his Bride to be and scarred him for life) And the joker eluding an entire police car in a police cruiser.

I already explained how the whole trilogy, including TDK, was centered around Batman, but you addressed none of my points. No matter how many times you say Batman was a secondary character, you're still going to be wrong. :comeon:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don't know if I'm in the minority's but I LOVED about 95% of the humor and one liners in the movie and the audience I was in ate it up as well. I'm happy they didn't try to "Dark Knight" it and make it too serious and brooding, they LITERALLY made it a Marvel comic book come to life, very enjoyable.

Only thing I would've liked more clarification on is Tony Starks sudden change of heart from not being Iron Man full time and blowing up his suits to pretty much going back to way he was Pre-Iron Man 3 and Thor bathing in that pool of clarity. I wasn't even certain if that scene was supposed to take place on Earth somewhere or Asgard..

Ultron worked as an "evil" machine doppelgänger of Tony Stark, had no issue with him.

Killing Quicksilver didn't work for me, and the emotional "pay off" through Wanda fell flat as well. She freaked out, murked Ultron....and then joined the Avengers... Hopefully Civil War expounds upon her grief and sense of loss more, but I honestly feel that he shouldn't have died in the first place and if he STAYS dead then it's a waste of a cool character.

Other than that the movie was immensely enjoyable. I have no understanding of how people who loved the OG Avengers wouldn't eat this up.

Civil War is going to be MASSIVE. I can't wait until May of next year to see T'Challa come and crush buildings

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
1. Ok so, if Vision has the mind gem then why did he seem so weak? It seems like the gems are the ultimate power, but Vision did worse against Ultron than Ironman.
I'm not gonna ponder on this too much because it's ultimately not THAT important of a plot point, but if I remember correctly Ultron IS technically AI forged directly from the Mind Gem. Vision is pretty much Jarvis grafted onto a body with the Mind Gem as a tether. I'm pretty sure had Ultron been transferred into that body he'd be more powerful. But this is all just speculation

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I'm not gonna ponder on this too much because it's ultimately not THAT important of a plot point, but if I remember correctly Ultron IS technically AI forged directly from the Mind Gem. Vision is pretty much Jarvis grafted onto a body with the Mind Gem as a tether. I'm pretty sure had Ultron been transferred into that body he'd be more powerful. But this is all just speculation

Jarvis is dead. Vision is something totally different.

And as far as the powers go. You can't expect him to be created and then come out knowing to to harness and use all of his powers.