Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Official Thread *Spoilers*

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it was a failure critically to any one not sipping cool aid for you to talk about financial takings shows desperation

gif-4.gif

I didn't know I was arguing with a child, breh, I'm sorry.

That Iron Man vs Hulk fight was really cool, wasn't it? :obama:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
You're supposed to be seeing that out of the over 1.2 million people that rated the movie on Rotten Tomatoes, 90% liked it. Out of the over 900,000 people that rated the movie on IMDB, it's sitting at 8.5/10. You saw that but you want to act dumb, hence you asking what are you supposed to be seeing here:beli:
how do any of those stats disprove the non partisan argument though, did you think this was about saying TDKR was a flop :why:

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
yall too busy talking bout batman

can we get a thor appreciation thread up in here. dude was killing it the entire movie. the hulks enemies in hell line, the hammer stuff, the I am Mighty line.. i need to see thor fight hulk so he can boss up. ironman gets the press but hulk/thor/cap run this movie

and whoever was claiming tony sposed to be boss

cap always the boss of the team

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
how do any of those stats disprove the non partisan argument though, did you think this was about saying TDKR was a flop :why:
No, I thought it was about judging the critical response to the film, hence me pointing out its ratings and the percentage of people that liked it:comeon:If I thought it was about the movie being a flop I'd bring up sales numbers, but I didn't:comeon:Please, reiterate this non partisan argument for how TDKR was a failure critically because I've yet to see you bring anything to the table besides placing derogatory labels on those who like the movie, which ironically makes you the partisan one in this discussion:comeon:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
One thing I loved was that "Veronica" was done very very well.

Obviously, if you have Stark and Banner designing it, it's going to be done in a common-sense way which it was in this movie. First, you want to store it in a place where it can't be damaged and can deploy anywhere quickly... space. Then, if you think about it, you want to be able to lock the Hulk down, not necessarily fight him. I thought it was cool that Veronica's first protocol was that cell that Hulk was, apparently, unable to break through. Of course, just go through the ground then, which is what would naturally happen, also well done. Then, having Veronica also be a support vessel because Stark and Banner KNEW that the suit would take damage during the battle, just kicked ass.

It really was a "Hulkbuster" he never had a chance when you think about it:wow:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
After my 2nd viewing realized that there was a 2nd reason why Cap broke the wood with his hands angrily during his argument with Tony. Tony saying that "we fight to end the war, to go home" reminded Cap of the illusion Wanda gave him. During that illusion Peggy was telling Cap that the war was over. Cap is still haunted by the fact that he's not living in his time. That he's living in this world that's till foreign to him.

Yeah..this movie had so much subtle ish

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
With that said, I am glad that Whedon isn't outstaying his welcome by sticking around for another one (two even). The man gets a lot of things right that I find important (like I've spoken on before, I can't praise him enough for pushing the fact that heroes are here to protect people), but as a story teller he's very limited, and unfortunately lacks the insight to realize this (which is an increasing problem in this modern era I should say).

In what ways would you say Whedon is limited as a story teller?

Daps
Reppin
NYC
As a known Hawkeye hater this movie justified his existence to the team.

Also I liked that he acknowledged what he was doing there with a bow and arrow.

i thought the stuff with hawkeye was a huge waste of time.

too much effort and emphasis into developing everyone's least favorite avenger.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

Using the same tropes over and over I'd say are his worst limitations, and although I personally didn't mind it, this movie does copy a lot of elements from its predecessor.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
It really was a "Hulkbuster" he never had a chance when you think about it:wow:

So many contingencies built into the suit. It SCREAMED "comic book Tony Stark". I felt Iron Man was in control of that fight the entire time. Well, as in-control as you can be with the Hulk.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

I'm not sure Whedon is limited in story telling. He hits all the notes pretty well. His comedic banter is usually more hit than miss. His issue is that he doesn't really sell a big dramatic moment in these films. Someone always has to get another quick one liner in there. He doesn't let shyt breathe.

But like I said previously, I think Marvel execs may have shut down some of his ideas because the first two acts were setting up for something darker in tone and the payoff was anything but. They played it safe and replaced Chitauri with robots. They never got back around to Tony Stark and his demons and holding the Avengers accountable, etc.

Where Whedon is certainly limited is directing action sequences. Most of the time it's a mess. I liked Iron Man vs. Hulk but he can't touch what the Russos were doing in Winter Soldier. That shyt was bananas :ohlawd: