Ava DuVernay Says It Was Her Decision Not To Be Married Or Have Kids

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
She's pushing close to grandma age...

imagine big momma buying expensive clothes and dinners for herself...

drinking down her 3rd mimosa while flipping through her latest bumble matches

:francis:

more power to her...

but its going out sad according to my values

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
She's pushing close to grandma age...

imagine big momma buying expensive clothes and dinners for herself...

drinking down her 3rd mimosa while flipping through her latest bumble matches

:francis:

more power to her...

but its going out sad according to my values

she still cute enough to pull a mid-30s/early 40s breh who’d better be smart enough to praise her work so he can get access to whatever she has access too. In the very least she will trick off on him just so he stays away from younger hoes.

A younger breh will have her looking goofy outchea when she sees how that younger gen gets down + she will eventually slip up and start talking down to him like his momma

Crude

Superstar
Daps
Trying to be a housewife and take care of young kids would severely stifle the life she has created for herself as this filmmaker and director.

She would not have all that free time and solice for creativity and making art with those responsibilities so I most certainly get it.

With children and a family a lot of your aspirations take a back seat to the needs of the family.

She might regret this shyt later on when she’s in the sunset of her life with not having anyone in her direct lineage but I most certainly understand it as a 40 something year old going on 50 year old woman now.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
she still cute enough to pull a mid-30s/early 40s breh who’d better be smart enough to praise her work so he can get access to whatever she has access too. In the very least she will trick off on him just so he stays away from younger hoes.

A younger breh will have her looking goofy outchea when she sees how that younger gen gets down + she will eventually slip up and start talking down to him like his momma
A mid 30s to 40s breh will dip at the first sign of attitude

A mid 30s to 40s breh can find a more compliant, attractive and younger woman without trying too hard.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
She always seemed like the type that Common would wife up. And I mean that respectfully. I’m actually pretty shocked that they didn’t hook up while he and Tiffany Haddish did

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
A mid 30s to 40s breh will dip at the first sign of attitude

A mid 30s to 40s breh can find a more compliant, attractive and younger woman without trying too hard.

Unless he’s like a Cory (whos with Kris Jenner) who doesn’t care, he just likes the perks.

Ava is crazy connected.

Lemons

Miss Jackson if ya nasty
Daps
Sounds like the boat sailed for her on kids and marriage and she wasn’t going to force it. Her career picked up in her 30s when she has close to hitting the wall and decided to grind it out to fruition instead of settling down with someone. And now sounds like she come to terms with that decision. She doesn’t sound like someone who never wanted marriage or kids, she sounds like someone who didn’t prioritize it and that time has passed for her so she’s making the best out of it.

Or maybe she never wanted it. Not every woman is pressed to have kids and get married. Many women have the idea that if it happens, great. If not, that’s fine too. Tracee Ellis Ross is the same way. Regina Hall is another. These are FINE, rich women who likely have several men knocking on their doors—but they choose single life. It’s not unheard of.

Lemons

Miss Jackson if ya nasty
Daps
She’s a beautiful woman.
Ava-DuVernay-as-seen-in-an-Instagram-Post-in-August-2020.jpg

images

Dark Knyght

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Or maybe she never wanted it. Not every woman is pressed to have kids and get married. Many women have the idea that if it happens, great. If not, that’s fine too. Tracee Ellis Ross is the same way. Regina Hall is another. These are FINE, rich women who likely have several men knocking on their doors—but they choose single life. It’s not unheard of.
I said that in my post, she wasn’t gonna force it. She said she had relationships which became stagnant and let go because they serve no purpose in what she was working toward.

Marriage is a sacrifice and a compromise on many levels, she didn’t want to do that and decided to grind out her career. She pretty much says that flat out, but uses 2022 talking points to make her case saying she’ll be happy in a different way., which means she’s come to terms with her decision to stay “single”. (On a Side note, she fukkin somebody). That doesn’t make her a bad, miserable or wrong person. She can do what she wants.

The career field she is in doesn’t lend well to personal relationships in general, always working in some capacity, long hours, away from home alot, etc. For her to have a personal relationship she would have to sacrifice her grind in some way. Kids would’ve slowed her progress. This isn’t a man or woman thing, it’s a people who are busy as fukk thing. It’s just men, can procreate after they finish their grind, women typically can’t. So they have to find ways to rationalize their life. If you say, I found a way to be happy that usually means that wasn’t your first choice in making your self happy.