Austin Rivers says Star Player Freedom is bad for the NBA

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Harden being Harden isn't mutually exclusive with Brooklyn being a shyt show. I don't disagree with most of what you said, but I simply don't blame Harden for pushing out of Brooklyn.

I do disagree, however, that nobody was going to pay him.
This summer? there's a reason why he opted in.

When he originally re-upped with Philly, it was the same situation. The teams that had cap space weren't gonna sign him and he was gonna take a big paycut to do it

side note: NBA players don't really wanna go to free agency anymore. Now it's not really about how much cap space you have (you can't be a good team with cap space anymore). Now it's all about tryna stay under 2nd aprons.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While this is true, a big point against this is what you said, Bron was a free agent. Bron exercises his right to leave while honoring his contract.
I pointed out that he was a FA because Austin is harping on guys under contract, but the owners put these ridiculous contracts and rules in place because of something free agents did. The contract talking point is something for the teams to hide behind. They don't give a fukk about a contract. Marcus Smart got dumped in year 2 of his 4-year deal. Jordan Poole got shipped before the new contract even kicked in. When you see stuff like that happening, playing out a contract if the situation isn't ideal just seem silly.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
So teams can trade players any time they want but players can't request trades?

If a team decides they want to make changes to improve, they can trade players willy nilly

But if a player decides he wants to change he's a bad guy?

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
When i say, "stop signing them", i mean the players forcing their way out of teams. If they did it to one team why would they not do it to yours?

Lillard seen what happened over the years he was there AND he still signed again with the team. If he wanted to really compete for a ring he would of left years ago, or at the very least not sign the current deal. No one forced him to do that at all.
I know who you mean. Again, you can't anticipate that. I agree he could have left as a free agent, which is why I said what I said about him being afraid to be the villain. But Philly is handling the Harden situation just about correctly.
This summer? there's a reason why he opted in.

When he originally re-upped with Philly, it was the same situation. The teams that had cap space weren't gonna sign him and he was gonna take a big paycut to do it

side note: NBA players don't really wanna go to free agency anymore. Now it's not really about how much cap space you have (you can't be a good team with cap space anymore). Now it's all about tryna stay under 2nd aprons.
Last summer. He wasn't going to get Dame's contract but I can't see his ceiling being a 1+1 $35M deal.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
nah let's get it like it is internationally

franchises compete for talent

players go where they feel is best for them

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
It’s bad for the league when nikkas like him taking up a spot just because of his pops :aicmon:

Austin rivers was a 5 star prospect, a lottery pick & the # 1 rated guard & top 3 rated player in the country outta high school. Lol @ thinking he’s in the league cuz of his pops

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Superstars dont enter free agency anymore. Teams wpuld rather trade a guy with years left because the return is better than them leaving in free agency

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Austin rivers was a 5 star prospect, a lottery pick & the # 1 rated guard & top 3 rated player in the country outta high school. Lol @ thinking he’s in the league cuz of his pops

He is though. Pops kept his shyt on life support.

It's been one year deals ever since.

Many podcasts at the time called it what it was.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
OT

but I legit thought Austin Rivers was gonna be better than Dame coming out of that draft. Maybe still believing too much in the HS hype.

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
Hmmm, the elite players deserve to move as they stay fit. Screw that staying on one plantation for your entire career on some team loyalty b.s. NBA owners trade on a dime if they see a better opportunity to make more money.

I think Austin's history is off. Shaq had fun in different cities.

maxresdefault.jpg

In The Zone '98

Superstar
Daps
Hmmm, the elite players deserve to move as they stay fit. Screw that staying on one plantation for your entire career on some team loyalty b.s. NBA owners trade on a dime if they see a better opportunity to make more money.

I think Austin's history is off. Shaq had fun in different cities.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's bizarro world.

You've got one group screaming loyalty.

Then you got SAS and everybody with a twitter fake trading every player to the Lakers.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Bench players talking like starters I hate it. Real convenient that he chose two players who just happened to request a trade after playing for his pops. Even if this is what you truly believe not a good look speaking out as a current player
He has a podcast like many active players : troll:

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
Making and playing in the NBA is a privilege?

:mjtf:

Sounds like the type of white people that say be happy you got a job here.

nikkas been working on their craft since 5 years old in most cases and legitimately is of the most “merit” based jobs/line of work. But this cat is painting it as a ‘privilege’