Austin Rivers says Star Player Freedom is bad for the NBA

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
taking max money and demanding a trade when u got like 3 4 years left on your deal is wack.

And harden demanding a trade yearly makes da league look comical. shyt like that would never happen in the NFL.

dame is an exception. My only issue with him is, you can't demand a trade to one specific team. He's handicapping them and if he loves da city like he says, he wouldnt do da organization like that

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bench players talking like starters I hate it. Real convenient that he chose two players who just happened to request a trade after playing for his pops. Even if this is what you truly believe not a good look speaking out as a current player
Austin doesn't even fukk with his pops
Don't change the narrative lol
Ben simmons and Harden are two of da biggest jokes the league has ever seen

Daps
Bench players talking like starters I hate it. Real convenient that he chose two players who just happened to request a trade after playing for his pops. Even if this is what you truly believe not a good look speaking out as a current player
There it is, he wouldn't be saying any of this shyt if he didn't feel like it got his dad shytcanned. Rather than of course his dad just being a fukking shyt head choke artist of a coach

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Poole got knockout and HE was the one traded. That's wack too.

Business is business. On both sides 🤷🏾‍♂️
I'm sure Poole wanted to leave but kept it professional.

But regardless, im talkin about star players (Poole ain't a star) who willingly take da max and den ask out with 3 or 4 years left on their deal.

Before you would only see that with an expiring contract. It's embarrassing

Mull

Pro
Daps
Austin doesn't even fukk with his pops
Don't change the narrative lol
Ben simmons and Harden are two of da biggest jokes the league has ever seen
Yeah you can think he don’t fukk with his pops but you me and everybody knows he’s still in the L because of his pops. If he mentioned AD or KD would’ve felt more real to me but he picked two easy targets. And even so I don’t think any other player in the league would publicly take this hard a stance of management versus players.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The fans don't matter and shouldn't matter in these decisions.

One thing that doesn't get talked about in these situations is when you have a star player and the organization lies to them or makes moves that won't help the player win now. Even if they said they would. That is one of the reasons players ask out. Management fukks up or does some dumb shyt behind the scenes but all we see is the end result of the player asking out and they are dragged through the mud.
Right. It’s the player’s legacy on the line. You get labeled a loser for not winning in a losing situation. We’re not having this convo about Joker with all those moves the GM made.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Specifically what Dame and Harden have done make the league look bad....

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You know what, this shyt is whack. This dude Austin just saying shyt for clicks or is a hypocrite to the fullest.

"They understood where I was at," Rivers said. "I’m not old. I’m only 26, but where I’ve been. I’ve been on playoff teams the past five years. That’s kind of the route I wanted and I felt like was best for me, especially in a contract year. I want to be in the playoffs. I want to compete for something.”

Phoenix had to buy him out because he refused to play for them after he got traded there. This dude full of shyt.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah you can think he don’t fukk with his pops but you me and everybody knows he’s still in the L because of his pops. If he mentioned AD or KD would’ve felt more real to me but he picked two easy targets. And even so I don’t think any other player in the league would publicly take this hard a stance of management versus players.
Austin rivers is a NBA level talent
so i don't get what you are saying
Thibs and doc rivers are damn near best friend and he still benched him and traded him when he came to da knicks. So its not because of his pops, he was a top 10 pick lol

AD demanded a trade with an expiring contract
KD has only asked for a trade from one team and played his ass off until it happened. Those guys aren't issues. Harden and Simmons are