Attended Dr. Umar appearance yesterday, Update on school

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Naw I fukks with Umar and support him 100%. I just made another donation to his school today. Hes one of the few people I know who's on some "fukk you I'm african :pacspit:" shyt. In a country full of c00ns hearing Umar speak is refreshing :blessed:
He is a good speaker.

Speaking apparently will liberate our people.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Also Claude Anderson said he was trying to set some shyt up for black people in Detroit and the Hispanics/Arabs shut that shyt all the way down.

That black/brown coalition is something else ain't it
:mexpls:
arabmjpls-png.3181

If Claude Anderson actually said that then he's a goddamn lie.

You're referring to 'African Town' and the people who shut it down were black, most notably then Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick:

Reflecting back to 2004 when I participated in an effort, under the leadership of Dr. Claud Anderson, to develop and build a Black economic enclave, I remember how excited I was at the prospect of Detroit stepping up and leading way for other cities to build similar enclaves and finally move toward true economic freedom.

But after our conference, I also remember the Black Mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick, and a couple of Black city councilpersons, supported by some in the Detroit print media, coming out against the plan calling it “divisive,” “separatist,” and “scary.” I recall several articles in which one Black councilperson said it would be “a suicidal form of ‘reverse racism’ and a bad deal for Detroit.”

Not only this, but the detroit city council, which was multi-racial, voted 7-2 in an attempt to override Kilpatrick's veto of the resolution, which would have earmarked 40 million in order to help develop a black business center in detroit. There were asians and latinos who were outspoken in their support. This is a nice rundown:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/oct/8/20041008-123152-7116r/?page=all

Problem with shysters like Claude Anderson and "Dr" Umar, is they never seem to let the truth get in the way of a good story, and have no reticence in throwing other races under the bus in order to paint this false narrative that every other race and nationality are comprised of fire breathing segregationalists who hate blacks. Im all for consciousness raising among black folks, but not at the expense of basic facts. Just goes to show you that melanin is just that --- not every "brotha" is your friend.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
If Claude Anderson actually said that then he's a goddamn lie.

You're referring to 'African Town' and the people who shut it down were black, most notably then Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick:

Not only this, but the detroit city council, which was multi-racial, voted 7-2 in an attempt to override Kilpatrick's veto of the resolution, which would have earmarked 40 million in order to help develop a black business center in detroit. There were asians and latinos who were outspoken in their support. This is a nice rundown:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/oct/8/20041008-123152-7116r/?page=all

Problem with shysters like Claude Anderson and "Dr" Umar, is they never seem to let the truth get in the way of a good story, and have no reticence in throwing other races under the bus in order to paint this false narrative that every other race and nationality are comprised of fire breathing segregationalists who hate blacks. Im all for consciousness raising among black folks, but not at the expense of basic facts. Just goes to show you that melanin is just that --- not every "brotha" is your friend.

Don't you speak negatively about Dr. Anderson :ufdup:

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Umar is a great speaker with some dope ideas. That's why we listened to him in 2009 and would spread his ideas on forums. I'm not gonna add any negativity to the thread, been called a c00n enough lol.

Only thing I'm gonna say is he was talking about opening a school in Louisiana for Garveyites then switched up to Pan Afrikanists. Then he stopped then came back then been just getting donations. Haven't seen anything but more of the same since then but e is a great speaker and at this point I wish him nothing but the best. Scam or no scam. I been over it.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Do you know of another person talking about black boys getting funelled into special Ed :mjpls:
There are plenty at the local level. ..

Ntm the NOI. I'm at the northwest activities center as we type with hundreds of black men and boys:wow:. MeN only event ft. Nuri muhammad.

Don't ever let a hotep fool you into thinking that with fabricated education and African clothing that they are able to have exclusive perspective and information.

Peace.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
There are plenty at the local level. ..

Ntm the NOI. I'm at the northwest activities center as we type with hundreds of black men and boys:wow:. MeN only event ft. Nuri muhammad.

Don't ever let a hotep fool you into thinking that with fabricated education and African clothing that they are able to have exclusive perspective and information.

Peace.

But how many of those dudes are the prince of pan Africanism :mjpls:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
But how many of those dudes are the prince of pan Africanism :mjpls:
:banderas:

You are right.... and all shade aside....

There have to be at least 1.5 million chicken heads that feel like maat ra Nubian queen nefertiti goddesses because of the good Doctor

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Do you know of another person talking about black boys getting funelled into special Ed :mjpls:
Yeah they're in academia, doing the legwork behind the scenes to try and influence public education policy. They're just not trying to be celebrities and hustlers like Jermaine Shoemake--I mean "Dr. Umar."