Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

b_b

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I thought Devs ending was kinda confusing and kinda made the show pointless

Can you explain it to me
It works for a ton of reasons, especially because devs has a lot of different concepts thrown at you about causality, free will, many worlds, etc. For Forest, he built that machine trying to prove many worlds WRONG, he wanted to believe there was nothing he could have done to change the outcome of his family, which was tragic. The ending is him not just coming to grips with it, but the nature of the machine implies there are an infinite many versions of him with his family, and also ones without. He has accepted there was something he could have done differently and is also living each version of that in the machine. The beauty for him is he is aware he is in a simulation and gave that same gift to Lily, he even tells her as much because he realizes there are versions of her in a literal hell but at least she is aware it's "not real". There is so, so much more, between that, when they fast forward the past simulation so that they in essence become the thing being viewed in the past, hell even rewatching the show itself is an act of validating the themes the show presents.

Lhark

Superstar
Daps
So two take aways from this thread:

1. Some people in here must be connected to the show cause I remember reading predictions that were 100% spot on :gucci:

Although nobody “died” :hubie:

And 2. I need to watch Dave now because it’s the closest thing to Atlanta :manny:
Dave is enjoyable

Human Torch

Byrd Gang 🦅
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly born. PG raised
Only reason why I don’t think it’s real
Is because Vans pants changed at the end
Zebra lining on the headrest in the car
Her pants were zebra print
The Maserati was the same color as the valet awning
I think it was all about loss for Darius
London must’ve died because he seemed to really be fond of her/damn near lost love type ish
Could’ve lost her to drunk driving or a police chase
Also the kid she hit was wearing the same color helmet as the Maserati
That 2pac death from season 3 has more meaning now to me
And Van going crazy in season 3 could mean she is still alive but has survivors guilt like Darius
I also for some reason don’t think Lottie is still alive
With that being said
I think the Glover Brothers made abstract art like looking at a painting in a museum
If you are into paintings and other various forms of art media
You know that everything an artist does is conveyed differently to their audience
There’s no one right answer when it comes to these things
But like someone pointed out and certain posters in this very thread were doing
Brotha Shabazz at the ending was calling out the audience
Why is it that people love them some Van Gogh
But as soon as a nikka does something not confined to everyday thought
It’s too convoluted or hard to understand or it’s some cac shyt
nikkas love to say they are cultured but when something comes out that moves the culture forward
Shows how black folks are not only multifaceted but also shows that even though we all have shared experiences
We didn’t all grow up the same/outlooks on life are different
We are more well rounded than the media will have you believe
Atlanta was just that
An umbrella that showed the range of the black experience

Dope post.

I basically binged the whole season last night minus “the goof” which I watched last week.

This show is so layered and can be enjoyed at so many different levels

I been a DG fan since community but this shyt was next level.

I’m looking forward to all the theories that come out after people have time to process everything.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
l0890l80kdz91.jpg
What’s this?