Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Daps
This was an incredible episode, similar to the episodes of season 3 when none of the main cast appeared but this one was done expertly. Wow. It's too late to type a full review but wow.

And I don't know where the Pluto Goofy analysis originated but I remember seeing it on the coli like 8 or 9 years ago. Does this prove that the Glover Brothers are here? :jbhmm::blessed:

Daps
Brian is a cool brotha from the couple of interactions I've had.

Yeah I'm a huge fan and he's real cool when he aint releasing songs talking about ":ohlawd:let meeee.... show you how that p*ssy worrrrkks... bet you didn't know that it could squiiirt...:noah: I got lots of things to shooow you... if you're ready to leaaarn...:ahh:"

I didn't forget :ufdup:

I'll never forgive him for that cause the song is so catchy that years later I find myself randomly singing it :mjlol:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
This Disney episode is hilarious. If anyone watched Community, it reminds me of that episode Pillows and Blankets where they shot it like a documentary with Keith David narrating :dead:

I remember Dan Harmon saying they had to make that episode the way they did with still images/limited acting & narration because they essentially ran out of budget with NBC. I wonder if Donald did this for the same reason with Atlanta.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I remember this old ass coli thread

Goofy was a c00n, Disney's original name for Goofy was Dippy Dog
Goofy - Wikipedia this nikka was at Mickey's house everyday B seeing Pluto in the shackles of oppression chained in his backyard and was like :mjpls:

As for Yakko,Wakko, and Dot :patrice: that's a mystery

Goat poster

KANG LIFE
Daps
I wrote this a few pages back:

This episode was partly a euphemism for Donald to describe himself and how Atlanta was created

Donald grew up being made fun of for “acting white”. He even had a favorite cousin who he was close too that used to protect him from being bullied by the other kids. This mirrors Washington’s cousin talking about how THEY grew up.

Donald out of College was recruited by Tina Fey as a writer for 30 Rock, through a DIVERSITY PROGRAM. This mirrors Washington getting into Disney through the same manner.

Donald assembled an all black writers room for Atlanta, to create the most authentically black show on television. This mirrors Washington recruiting Frank Rolls, who at the time was a low-level employee, to lead animator on Goofy Movie. Donald recruited his brother Stephen, and other black people who either had NO writing experience or were working as assistants & PA’s, and made them full time writers for Atlanta’s first season.

Donald “Trojan Horsed” the pitch for Atlanta. He sold FX on the idea that the show was going to be one thing, while going behind their backs and making it something deeper & bolder. This mirrors Washington wanting to use a Goofy Movie to tell a deeper story about black people in America.

Donald was told by executives at FX what the characters could and couldn’t say/do. Mainly that only the white character Dave in the pilot could say “nikka”. Donald hired Paul Sims as an executive producer as a “white delegate” to convince the executives at FX to allow Donald the freedom to allow the black characters to speak authentically. This mirrors Washington having to do things he didn’t want like adding Mickey and Big Foot to the film.
This is a good space for me to admit that I went to NYU with Donald and kind of thought he was lame cause he was never really around us black folk on campus( like most PWI’s NYU has a bubble/community for its black students that they find comfort in) .

He was doing his RA thing tho, and working on his music and internet sketches.

Jokes on me tho cause I couldn’t respect what this brotha has turned his career into more than I do.

I should have known cause he was always a hard worker…hanging out on campus with us wasn’t a priority, making moves in professional ( mostly white) spaces was important so that he could one day cast a show with an all black writers room…or make “this is America “

Great example of how performative college militant stuff isn’t as important as actually making moves in the real world.