Daps
Reppin
NULL
Screen_Shot_2019-01-14_at_1.23.53_PM.jpg

:lolbron:

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
I honestly loved this episode and think it stands as one of the best episodes in the series. I'm hesitant but its my personal favorite, may fall after I think about the whole thing after the finale. Another one where you just sit and think "damn they really did it." I couldn't imagine sitting with a white person and feeling like they truly understood most of it, outside of film/tv crehs.. But definitely a litmus test for how understanding they may be. And damn, how did this get made? Aint FX owned by Disney? Lmaoo

The synopsis for the final episode is literally me:
You know what? As much as I hated this show, I think I'm gonna miss it.
Maybe hate is a strong word, but times where I felt bored or indifferent to what was happening on screen. Especially in Season 3. But when its gone, there wont be anything like it, likely for quite some time on TV at least.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I wrote this a few pages back:

This episode was partly a euphemism for Donald to describe himself and how Atlanta was created

Donald grew up being made fun of for “acting white”. He even had a favorite cousin who he was close too that used to protect him from being bullied by the other kids. This mirrors Washington’s cousin talking about how THEY grew up.

Donald out of College was recruited by Tina Fey as a writer for 30 Rock, through a DIVERSITY PROGRAM. This mirrors Washington getting into Disney through the same manner.

Donald assembled an all black writers room for Atlanta, to create the most authentically black show on television. This mirrors Washington recruiting Frank Rolls, who at the time was a low-level employee, to lead animator on Goofy Movie. Donald recruited his brother Stephen, and other black people who either had NO writing experience or were working as assistants & PA’s, and made them full time writers for Atlanta’s first season.

Donald “Trojan Horsed” the pitch for Atlanta. He sold FX on the idea that the show was going to be one thing, while going behind their backs and making it something deeper & bolder. This mirrors Washington wanting to use a Goofy Movie to tell a deeper story about black people in America.

Donald was told by executives at FX what the characters could and couldn’t say/do. Mainly that only the white character Dave in the pilot could say “nikka”. Donald hired Paul Sims as an executive producer as a “white delegate” to convince the executives at FX to allow Donald the freedom to allow the black characters to speak authentically. This mirrors Washington having to do things he didn’t want like adding Mickey and Big Foot to the film.
Does Film Room do POTY awards like Arcadium? If so you have my vote.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
bruh how the fukk are they always so timely with this shyt? :what:
getting kanye hints now
honestly you could just as easily read it as about donald glover himself to some extent. obviously not 1:1, but it isn't really 1:1 for kanye either.

:patrice:

definitely an amalgamation of different folks, i would actually like to know who...

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
honestly you could just as easily read it as donald glover himself to some extent. obviously not 1:1, but it isn't really 1:1 for kanye either.

:patrice:
That too. I mean Tom really looked like him in the early year photos.
Why am I on my 8th watch of this episode tho??? This is the greatest piece of art I've ever witnessed on television :wow: