Atlanta: The Final Season | Official Thread | FX & Hulu

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nothing’s bigger than Eminem. Dre didn’t strike gold. He struck OIL with that white boy

Never forget hearing that Missy was geeked up over Dre signing some white dude. My partnas in school bought a lot of underground shyt and one of em had the Slim Shady EP. So when I heard Missy say that shyt like over a year later after hearing the EP for the first time, I was like "Did Dre sign this mufukka Eminem???" Sure enough that's who it was.

KNEW the rest would be history. And it was OIL not gold, like you said.

DropTopDoc

20/20 Vision With my Buffs On
Daps
Reppin
South Side Chicago to Nola
I wrote this a few pages back:

This episode was partly a euphemism for Donald to describe himself and how Atlanta was created

Donald grew up being made fun of for “acting white”. He even had a favorite cousin who he was close too that used to protect him from being bullied by the other kids. This mirrors Washington’s cousin talking about how THEY grew up.

Donald out of College was recruited by Tina Fey as a writer for 30 Rock, through a DIVERSITY PROGRAM. This mirrors Washington getting into Disney through the same manner.

Donald assembled an all black writers room for Atlanta, to create the most authentically black show on television. This mirrors Washington recruiting Frank Rolls, who at the time was a low-level employee, to lead animator on Goofy Movie. Donald recruited his brother Stephen, and other black people who either had NO writing experience or were working as assistants & PA’s, and made them full time writers for Atlanta’s first season.

Donald “Trojan Horsed” the pitch for Atlanta. He sold FX on the idea that the show was going to be one thing, while going behind their backs and making it something deeper & bolder. This mirrors Washington wanting to use a Goofy Movie to tell a deeper story about black people in America.

Donald was told by executives at FX what the characters could and couldn’t say/do. Mainly that only the white character Dave in the pilot could say “nikka”. Donald hired Paul Sims as an executive producer as a “white delegate” to convince the executives at FX to allow Donald the freedom to allow the black characters to speak authentically. This mirrors Washington having to do things he didn’t want like adding Mickey and Big Foot to the film.
:ohhh:

nikka you don’t miss

My nikka sinbad hope he gets better

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just started this ep. From the literally first frame I know it’s about to be some fukkery :dead:

Man I’m still stuck on last wk tho. I’m not generally a sappy nikka in the slightest, but that’s one of my favorite eps of the whole series, and up there with some of my favorite “black love” moments in media. They both did their mf thing, that’s probably the best I’ve ever seen Donald act. Only comp is the therapy scene: also in this season. Man it’s bittersweet that it’s looking like it’s going out, but on a super high note. Man imma miss this show :to: easily one of my favorites ever.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't watched it yet. Is it good? :ohhh:
goofy.png

see for yourself :lolbron:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
"I remember, he said he didn't want Mickey in the movie and I'm all.... It's a Disney movie, what are you talking about :dahell: And then one time I'm in his office he's all 'So they're trying to put this white boy in my movie?' -- and I say... he's a MOUSE:ld: what are you talking about??? :why:"

:laff::laff: :laff:
I thought this story was real up to this point. From then on I was rollin :mjlol:

Breh progressively lost his mind trynna keep it real while surrounded by cacs. I know this was supposed to be a joke but it be like that. Its easy to lose your shyt if you spend too much time trying to accommodate white folks, in their spaces. Breh just needed to spend more time with his ppl.