Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Legal brehs...any chance of a mistrial with so much info being given to the public before trial?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Damn the DA throwing the book at dude. Told ya'll, he tryna win re-election
Nah he’s 100% right in this one. These cops ain’t shyt bruh smh. I’m going to keep saying this.. The only way you can fight this bullshyt is to hire cops that care a little more. These dudes are power hungry and feel that these police unions will have their backs no matter what they do. Also that cop probably wanted to kill a black man anyway. These cops get off light and get to live off go fund me money after shyt goes down. It won’t stop until more drastic shyt happens to these cops. Props to the DA. That man did not have to die.

BadBoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he’s 100% right in this one. These cops ain’t shyt bruh smh. I’m going to keep saying this.. The only way you can fight this bullshyt is to hire cops that care a little more. These dudes are power hungry and feel that these police unions will have their backs no matter what they do. Also that cop probably wanted to kill a black man anyway. These cops get off light and get to live off go fund me money after shyt goes down. It won’t stop until more drastic shyt happens to these cops. Props to the DA. That man did not have to die.
They don’t hire the right ones in my opinion. In philly more than 85% of cops come from the northeast area of the city which is basically a whole another place and they have never been into the actual city before they became a cop

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
Legal brehs...any chance of a mistrial with so much info being given to the public before trial?

Is there some specific info you're worried about? Info given to the public isn't unusual; lawyers use voir dire to try to vet jurors and determine whether they're likely to be swayed by anything outside the courtroom, judges emphasize what they are and aren't allowed to consider, etc, but beyond that...:yeshrug:

verbalkint

I see you niccas...
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Is there some specific info you're worried about? Info given to the public isn't unusual; lawyers use voir dire to try to vet jurors and determine whether they're likely to be swayed by anything outside the courtroom, judges emphasize what they are and aren't allowed to consider, etc, but beyond that...:yeshrug:
Just I've seen the truth being called "biasing" the public. Can only hope for justice at this point.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
They don’t hire the right ones in my opinion. In philly more than 85% of cops come from the northeast area of the city which is basically a whole another place and they have never been into the actual city before they became a cop
Man I’ve covered some officer involved shootings and it’s ridiculous how these cops patrol areas that they don’t even live near smh. How TF am I supposed to respect you or care about you as a cop when If I’ve never seen you at the grocery store on your off days, or seen you in the neighborhood just talking to folks or whatever. Cops be patrolling in one county but pigs in a whole other county smh.. that’s crazy to me. It also doesn’t help that these guys are from the call of duty era now plus add in the racists. That’s a whole other conversation though.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
They gave this officer more charges than the cop in the George Floyd case...

I mean obv the political climate is part of it, but..the wording of the felony murder statute in Georgia is pretty similar to the third degree murder statute in Minnesota. Just goes to show the drastic differences from one state to another:francis: