Atlanta Police Shoot DUI Suspect at Wendys. Cop Charged, Others Walk Off the Job

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is Atlanta. The jury won't be 12 old white women. Keep wishful thinking though.
I feel you but you only need one hold out for a mistrial in a grand jury. I think they can get that. Obviously I hope for the conviction though.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
Just I've seen the truth being called "biasing" the public. Can only hope for justice at this point.

nah, a mistrial would mean the trial already started, and pretrial is the time to deal with issues like that (change of venue, recusals, exclusion of potentially biased juror, etc). something could happen during the trial, like a juror doing or saying something improper, but not just the simple fact of news being out there. make sense?

Prynce

Daps
I mean obv the political climate is part of it, but..the wording of the felony murder statute in Georgia is pretty similar to the third degree murder statute in Minnesota. Just goes to show the drastic differences from one state to another:francis:

Felony murder in GA is when somebody dies in the commission of a felony

That means you don't have to kill somebody yourself but if they die while your doing a felony. Then you get blamed for the death ...

If the aggravated assault charges stick he will get life too

Felony Murder | Georgia Criminal Lawyer