Reppin
Atlanta
they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-lie.gif

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
We pretty much said the same thing. Considering the team, he doesn’t have much of an option but to do what he does. We get another consistent, larger, and dominant scorer and we probably won’t have to rely on an offensive strategy of him drawing attention from everybody else.

You’re saying he’s gotten better, I’m saying he hasn’t. That’s not the same thing. Trae is the same player he’s been the last 3 years

Superstar
Daps
You’re saying he’s gotten better, I’m saying he hasn’t. That’s not the same thing. Trae is the same player he’s been the last 3 years

I disagree. His court vision, penetration…:dame:, some of his defense, IQ and leadership in close games, mostly improves every year.

I do agree about the streakiness, the play style, etc. I personally feel like that’s what the staff asks him to do. He’s not big enough to really dominate on either end. I prefer games like last night. somebody else became the offensive center of gravity and helped him be better at play making and slowed down his spamming 3’s. I think we see another year of growth from him.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Man once Big O is in the starting lineup, the Hawks will have one of the most dynamic 5-man lineups in the league. Yes, they will be undersized but the speed/athleticism of Big O and JJ should make up for a ton, like it did last night against the Wolves.

Big O/JJ/Dre should be able to switch any 3-5 defensive assignments which should allow Murray to focus solely on defensive assignments at the 1/2 vs guarding bigger wings.

On offnese, the lane should be wide open for Trae because Bigs will have to respect Big O out on the perimeter.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
Take of two halves. DJM was amazing in that second half, went from down 20 plus to a double digit win:wow:

I do agree about the streakiness, the play style, etc. I personally feel like that’s what the staff asks him to do. He’s not big enough to really dominate on either end. I prefer games like last night.
I like Trae but I do think his streakiness spreads to this team as a whole. That's why they have these tales of two halves type performances or can go and beat the Bucks on the road 48 hours after dropping a winnable game to the Knicks at home.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I disagree. His court vision, penetration…:dame:, some of his defense, IQ and leadership in close games, mostly improves every year.

I do agree about the streakiness, the play style, etc. I personally feel like that’s what the staff asks him to do. He’s not big enough to really dominate on either end. I prefer games like last night. somebody else became the offensive center of gravity and helped him be better at play making and slowed down his spamming 3’s. I think we see another year of growth from him.

He’s been doing all of that though…he hasn’t improved as a shooter, still turns the ball over a bunch, plays no defense, is inefficient. I don’t see any of that improvement you see :yeshrug:

I think he has another level he can go to but I’m not sure he’s willing to put in the work to be an elite player

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He’s been doing all of that though…he hasn’t improved as a shooter, still turns the ball over a bunch, plays no defense, is inefficient. I don’t see any of that improvement you see :yeshrug:

I think he has another level he can go to but I’m not sure he’s willing to put in the work to be an elite player

That's why I say less is more from Trae. He'd be a better shooter if he didn't shoot so much, lol (especially when it comes to those off-the-dribble 3's he like taking).

There's no reason for him to take 20+ shots per game most nights with this team. Let DJ, Dre, JJ, Bey, Bogi, AJ get those shots off.

He's starting to get better with his assist/turnover ratio. He's 18/4 over the past two games but we need to see a larger sample size over the season.

When it comes to defense, all he needs to do is play the passing lanes and not get lost on defense. That's about the most we can expect from him on that end.

He has the pieces he needs with this year's team to return to the all-star game. Especially once Big O enter the starting lineup.

Last edited: