At what point will these next gen games actually look next gen?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Most of the improvements so far are a better framerate, raytracing and higher resolutions.

Graphically, you might have to wait a year or two. Gameplay wise, I don't have a clue.
This to me is the big takeaway. All that fukking power in those machines and what does it add to gameplay? Barely anything. All these games are last-gen experiences with a lick of paint. That doesn't mean they are bad games but the lack of gameplay innovation so far is notably absent.

And most people only seem concerned with which console loads a game a second faster than the other. :francis:

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Let the next gen launch breathe first goddamn.
I just don't get what's so hard about multi-billion dollar companies actually releasing next gen consoles with a decent amount of games AT LAUNCH (and I mean new IPs...not this remaster/remake bullshyt they keep pushing). In other words, the launches are just money grabs where they know consumers are still dumb enough to buy these consoles at launch with no big difference from last gen or really any games...

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I just don't get what's so hard about multi-billion dollar companies actually releasing next gen consoles with a decent amount of games AT LAUNCH (and I mean new IPs...not this remaster/remake bullshyt they keep pushing). In other words, the launches are just money grabs where they know consumers are still dumb enough to buy these consoles at launch with no big difference from last gen or really any games...

that's fair but they need to push these consoles out the door first before investing in something ridiculously ambitious to take advantage of the hardware they're pushing. They know that shyt like Miles/Ratchet/Demon Souls will put smiles on both the investors and fanbase faces for now, and then MAYBE develop a new IP and put some ground breaking gameplay into it going more into the life cycle of the console.

• Dap
Reactions: B86

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Most titles at the beginning of a launch always have that cross gen look... usually last gen with higher resolution and a few better effects. The main effect this time are those ray traced reflections. It takes time to really take advantage of these new machines

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
When Cross gen games stop being a thing.

If you want MINDBLOWING Next gen shyt though, you have to wait until Naughty Dog drops their next PS5 game.

straight facts

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
It'll be a minute. Outside of butter smooth last gen gameplay these shyts is pretty underwhelming so far. I wish I woulda flipped my XSX too but oh well.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
This to me is the big takeaway. All that fukking power in those machines and what does it add to gameplay? Barely anything. All these games are last-gen experiences with a lick of paint. That doesn't mean they are bad games but the lack of gameplay innovation so far is notably absent.

What does gameplay innovation means tho??? what does that specifically entail???:jbhmm:

Daps
What does gameplay innovation means tho??? what does that specifically entail???:jbhmm:
using the SSD speeds and the bottlenecks they removed to enhance the gameplay experience
not just prettier graphics but gameplay ideas/sequences/segments not possible on previous consoles
these consoles have limited bottlenecks and unprecedented speeds but it seems like all of it will go to graphics for most of these gaming studios
hopefully ragnarok or some other first party game has next gen gameplay

BeingBetter

Hope Your Day Gets Better !
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, USA
Cuz I aint seen it yet.

I mean for those of us with the old 2013 systems and always playing 1080p 30fps, this is a huge leap.

The unimpressiveness comes for people that kept upgrading (Xbox One S, Xbox One X, PS4 Slim with HDR, PS4 Pro) so the shyt isnt a huge leap for them.

So I can understand your remarks.
For me though, this shyt is nice (Former OG Xbox, PS4 Slim, 1080p tv) :mjgrin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean for those of us with the old 2013 systems and always playing 1080p 30fps, this is a huge leap.

The unimpressiveness comes for people that kept upgrading (Xbox One S, Xbox One X, PS4 Slim with HDR, PS4 Pro) so the shyt isnt a huge leap for them.

So I can understand your remarks.
For me though, this shyt is nice (Former OG Xbox, PS4 Slim, 1080p tv) :mjgrin:

And people who haven’t updated their tv’s

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
using the SSD speeds and the bottlenecks they removed to enhance the gameplay experience
not just prettier graphics but gameplay ideas/sequences/segments not possible on previous consoles
these consoles have limited bottlenecks and unprecedented speeds but it seems like all of it will go to graphics for most of these gaming studios
hopefully ragnarok or some other first party game has next gen gameplay

That ratchet and clank looks next gen asf tho...Hopping through multiple realities all gameplay seamlessly :ohlawd: