At what point will these next gen games actually look next gen?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
you will need to wait until everything is all digital/PC. When companies no longer have to dev for several platforms. Xbox SX and PS5 apparently now have the ability to more then just make games a little more pretty.

more immersive gameplay (PS5)

and far more crisp gameplay no stutters at all high framerates like what 120?

and probably gonna get far better worlds to play in now with these super fast SSDs? Like remember when Mario would break into particles in order to go into another world in Sunshine?

giphy.gif

That's not the case for Ratchet and Clank. If devs literally have no excuse anymore unless the console TRULY can't handle their ambition to not put out games with amazing worlds that work into great gameplay.

I think that's the main focus for next gen at this point. Or you can wait for the next Hellblade or GOW to see what's good with them next gen graphics.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
to me ratchet and clank looks next gen. Just from the fidelity of the actual graphics engine. The textures, the amount of things happening on screen at once, seamless transitions between worlds, the particle effects, lighting, etc.

i consider ratchet and clank to be the first real next gen game even though it's going for a more stylized animated look, i still think thats valid.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think once we start getting games like God of War and Elder Scrolls 6 in like 2023 or 2024 or so that's when it'll settle in.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
We're very close to hitting the diminishing returns on graphics if you're talking more realism in game consoles.

From this point its improvements in textures, lighting, colors, frame rates, and resolution.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
if you need a next gen machine, I could sell you the one I was giving to my kids :mjgrin:
What r u trying to say? I don't want one. I just want someito be excited about to make me get one.

U must be trying to dump that white xbox shyt.