At what point will these next gen games actually look next gen?

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
I feel what OP is sayin.....i also want graphics so real that the character jumps out of the screen and tries to take the food off my plate...leadin me to have to physically fight them in my living room as my family watches in terror....:wow:

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
have you seen Titanfall? :usure:
You mean Godfall right? Cause Titanfall is an old ass game. But we won't truly see real next gen shyt until they are creating games exclusively for ps5/series x and not worrying about ps4/xbox one

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Everybody knows it's about those games that come 2-5 years after release

For ps1 it was final fantasy 7 , silent hill, mgs

Ps2- Mgs3, god of war 2, shadow of the colossus (and I argue kingdom hearts because that game ran very very smoothly with super crisp cutscenes and colorful animations).

Ps3- last of us, mgs4, god of war 3

Ps4- horizon, last of us 2, PT

(Actually Silent Hill, Metal Gear and God of war have been staples for graphics and story for playstation, just noticed)

I'd say for ps5 well notice a graphics gap by 2022 for certain
But the threshold for graphics is minimal at this point, moore's law plays into it. We're at the point now where games are basically gonna have big graphics jumps on the systems more than ever. Well have a crazy detailed beautiful game like ragnarok right and then in 2025 we'll probably have some shyt you'd genuinely expect from a playstation 6 come crush the buildings. At some point we'll have a plateu with photorealism and it'll be more about games having super huge depth (realistically bigger maps, massive amounts of enemies keeping up with frame rates, hyper detailed animations, deeper control schemes).

Just let things develop.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I feel what OP is sayin.....i also want graphics so real that the character jumps out of the screen and tries to take the food off my plate...leadin me to have to physically fight them in my living room as my family watches in terror....:wow:

Yeah, I literally hope that happens soon enough so some of ya'll know-nothing clowns can get cancelled the fukk up.

Have that Game Over screen really mean something.:wow: