At this point, I’m way more excited for indie games than AAA

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Listen up geniuses...

This is a Sony based thread because Sony has the weakest AAA titles out of the 3 consoles. Most hyped, but the top Sony 1st party games don't get played after the initial hype (Tru Story)

Now, because of that Sony gamers don't play indie games (the average Sony gamer that is) and if you do play them they will question your gaming habits :leostare: when it was cool to rep indie games everyone faked like they was enjoying resogun but I'll leave that alone for now @Rekkapryde

The replies will be from what I described, so the answers will resemble this...
Indie games are basically just side scrollers
:facepalm:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The amount of shyt indie games that pop up versus the amount that actually end up good is the real issue. Every time I boot up Steam, I am bombarded with garbage :beli:

:yeshrug:I like some indie games but there are lot of trash ones to dig thru before I can get gold. Some I can find truly unique, but a lot is just rehashing of existing games

who finds out about games like this though? if a good indie game comes out, it usually has some buzz around it

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
who finds out about games like this though? if a good indie game comes out, it usually has some buzz around it
I'm sorry sir but I have to throw a flag on the play, and now I just got word that they wanna review the foul in Secaucus to see if it's a flagrant 1 or 2 :ufdup:

From my experience, the best indie games go unnoticed by the masses. I actually form doubt if an indie game gets too much hype because it's usually hyped for unjust reasons. Maybe it's exclusive so that draws hype/interest, or maybe it's a genre that isn't plentiful, my point is rarely would there be a great indie game WITH HYPE because at that point a bigger studio or whatever would want to invest and make it more than an indie title. Hence Cuphead :hula: No man's flop

Tigron

Superstar
Daps

Black Bolt

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Indie's been running shyt for a minute tbh
Just finished Steamworld Dig 2:banderas:, Celeste & that Brazilian platformer posted on here next on my agenda

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I'm sorry sir but I have to throw a flag on the play, and now I just got word that they wanna review the foul in Secaucus to see if it's a flagrant 1 or 2 :ufdup:

From my experience, the best indie games go unnoticed by the masses. I actually form doubt if an indie game gets too much hype because it's usually hyped for unjust reasons. Maybe it's exclusive so that draws hype/interest, or maybe it's a genre that isn't plentiful, my point is rarely would there be a great indie game WITH HYPE because at that point a bigger studio or whatever would want to invest and make it more than an indie title. Hence Cuphead :hula: No man's flop
I'm talking about buzz/hype from after the game is released, and people are playing it

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Listen up geniuses...

This is a Sony based thread because Sony has the weakest AAA titles out of the 3 consoles. Most hyped, but the top Sony 1st party games don't get played after the initial hype (Tru Story)

Now, because of that Sony gamers don't play indie games (the average Sony gamer that is) and if you do play them they will question your gaming habits :leostare: when it was cool to rep indie games everyone faked like they was enjoying resogun but I'll leave that alone for now @Rekkapryde

The replies will be from what I described, so the answers will resemble this...

:facepalm:

:skip:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm talking about buzz/hype from after the game is released, and people are playing it
You can't even trust that type of thing because "Early Access" is the biggest hustle out and hoe ass fanboys love throwing money at shyt for over a year on a project that has flimsy goals and deadlines.

People talk about AAA games getting hyped to the moon and back, Indie games are even worse when it comes to that.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Everybody complaining about the shyt indie games, is just being fukking lazy. If you wanna know what indies are good, check metacritic, opencritic, user reviews, etc.

Like all you have to do to find out what the good indies are, is spend 20 minutes a week doing some research. It literally on takes 20 minutes a week (shyt, you could probably go with 20 minutes a month. To be honest)

Come on brehs. Quit being lazy:francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Everybody complaining about the shyt indie games, is just being fukking lazy. If you wanna know what indies are good, check metacritic, opencritic, user reviews, etc.

Like all you have to do to find out what the good indies are, is spend 20 minutes a week doing some research. It literally on takes 20 minutes a week (shyt, you could probably go with 20 minutes a month. To be honest)

Come on brehs. Quit being lazy:francis:
There ain't that many good ones compared to the flood of them out. All I'm saying is that there's no reason to act like they're the new wave or something. They're cheap and they might be good - but the vast majority are straight ass. The few that aren't are hyped to the moon.

That leaves a handful - and those are the ones people use to prop up all indies.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
You can't even trust that type of thing because "Early Access" is the biggest hustle out and hoe ass fanboys love throwing money at shyt for over a year on a project that has flimsy goals and deadlines.

People talk about AAA games getting hyped to the moon and back, Indie games are even worse when it comes to that.
you shouldn't trust any one thing. for me I see a game has some buzz, and then I look into it to see if it looks like something I would be into. there's plenty of tools to find games you might like

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
There ain't that many good ones compared to the flood of them out. All I'm saying is that there's no reason to act like they're the new wave or something. They're cheap and they might be good - but the vast majority are straight ass. The few that aren't are hyped to the moon.

That leaves a handful - and those are the ones people use to prop up all indies.
I gotta completely disagree. I have, literally, over 1500 games on steam, with more than half being indies. Like some posters on here already know, I rarely buy a game that gets lower than an 85 score on metacritic. Given the relatively strict parameters I have for buying games, ~750 games is a shyt ton.

I just don’t see what you’re saying at all :francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
you shouldn't trust any one thing. for me I see a game has some buzz, and then I look into it to see if it looks like something I would be into. there's plenty of tools to find games you might like
That's straight. Its what everyone does - but yal really saying you've never looked through Steam and seen hundreds of indies that are trash on any given day? :francis:
I gotta completely disagree. I have, literally, over 1500 games on steam, with more than half being indies. Like some posters on here already know, I rarely buy a game that gets lower than an 85 score on metacritic. Given the relatively strict parameters I have for buying games, ~750 games is a shyt ton.

I just don’t see what you’re saying at all :francis:
:hubie: