At this point, anyone thinking Drake won't body Kendrick is never going to learn

GeeEffKay

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a difficult time for Drake stans. Their man has dropped two weak albums in a row, and the last one has been outsold by King Kendrick's recent album quite easily. So them lashing out is understandable, and as a grown adult I want to tell you guys I'm not mad. What you're going thru is something you never experienced before: your man getting knocked off the mountain top, if only for a year. I'm sure Drake will come back harder next year with new ghostwriters, an album with 25+ tracks to maximize streaming numbers, and a new song for you to sing in the whip when no one is looking.
gXI5DmG.gif

That being said, even as a King Kendrick stan I AGREE that Drake could theoretically win. If the Drake/Meek battle proved anything it's that battles are not really about who is the best rapper. It's about the song. If your diss song is hotter, and you have more memorable lines, you can win. Drake has an arsenal of heat to rap over, and you know his ghostwriters are great at punchlines.

Obviously Kendrick has an arsenal of heat to rap over too, though. Fewer punchlines. We've seen stranger things happen brehs. After all, Donald Trump is president.

End of the day Kendrick has said Drake's name on record and taken clear shots at him (BET Awards cypher). Drake didn't do shyt outside of whine about Control. Oh yes, he did say some lines on a track or something...hmmm, what was one of the lines again? Oh yes:

I would have all of your fans if I didn't go poppin' I stayed on some conscious shyt

:mjgrin:

Ok so, do it. Kendrick bout to go triple plat on some commercial shyt. Let's see ya boy do that on some conscious shyt. Hell let's see him go plat on that tip...
:banderas:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
It's not impossible for Drake to beat Kendrick in a battle. Underestimating Drake would be anybody not named Nas, Jay or Em's downfall, look what happened to Meek. That said, if there were news right now of a Drake vs. Kendrick beef in the wings, people would ride with Kendrick off general principle. People rode for Meek too until he became overconfident and Drake hit him twice.

I'm sure Kendrick is smart enough to know that if it came down to it, he's not going to drop a track where he's going at 90 miles an hour. That would be silly. Drake will drop quotables on a hot beat, that's essentially the formula. So unless Kendrick completely shyts himself, I don't see him getting embarrassed the way some people in here are saying. That said, I don't see Drake going down as easy as people think either.

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
at this point he won't pursue it
k. got the machine behind him maybe even heavier than aubrey does
he can't make it a popularity contest

k. would do him like esco did jigga

Colin X

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
My thing is, we have years of proof that Drake can write and create nice bars on his own.

Idk why brehs wanna act like Drake hasn't shown his skills before

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
everybody thinking Kendrick is absolutely going to finish Drake is tripping.

it'll be a way better beef than drake/meek and ppl will stop underestimating drake's pen.

also I want somebody to seriously tell me how back 2 back was a bad diss or how war pains is better. back 2 back, as a diss, was phenomenal. the memes only helped.

Never listened to War Pains, but I also never understood the hype for Back To Back. I think it's a generational thing tho.

A lot of older head just want hostile bars, and to us Back To Back was some sing songy sh*t with a few meh punchlines.

Man we grew up with some visceral sh*t like "No Vaseline", "Ether", "Hit Em Up", "Takeover", "Dre Day", "2nd Round KO", etc.

Back to Back just didn't move us like that. "You got bodied by a singing nikka", "Is it a world tour or is it your girl's tour", is lightweight compared to the sh*t cats were saying in the 90's/2000's.

For most of the old heads "Shether" (albeit flawed) was a wayyyy better diss track than Back To Back.

The game is different now. In the old days Drake would have had to basically say Meek was gay, never sold drugs, was a punk growing up, and that he fu**ed Nicki while Meek was cupcaking, to win that battle. Nowadays, just a few heh heh lines about his woman more popular than he is, and that he beefs on twitter instead in the streets, and it's a classic.

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
Ovo J's >>> K.Dot Reeboks

I had nothing else to bring to the table

Daps
Drake really is smarter than a lot of these guys. shyts gonna be funny because people will give Kendrick credit for "aggression" but the bars will NOT cut like Drake's will.

I...don't....know

People will surprise you/let you down when it's war time. Kendrick can attack his character as a finicky negro and Drake can attack K. Dot's shtick...Either way this is a battle I don't think Drake could win