At their peak, who was more popular: Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson, John Cena, or Cristiano Ronaldo?

Who’s the most famous?

• Total voters

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For those that put Ronaldo over Jordan have to remember Jordan didn’t play during the social
Media era. I’m sure that has helped CR.

Btw… Soccer is boring as hell. Lol
I can see Ronaldo right now at Walmart and not know who he is that ain't happening with Jordan period and I'm not even going to bring up Jackson :pachaha:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
John Cena even being on this list is a slap in the face to the rest of the picks. He’s nowhere near as famous as the others. No one has been on or will be on the level of Michael Jackson. He was a once in a lifetime globally recognized icon.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Mike jack far and away

Cristiano

:mjpls: :mjtf: :mjlol: :mjlit:

John cena(no wrestler should have been on this list)

TMBlue

Pro
Daps
Michael Jackson's popularity and fame can only be compared to Biblical figures like Jesus and the Islamic prophet. His funeral is in the top 5 most viewed events in history, only after world cup finals. If he had social media, he would have 2-3 billion followers and a single tweet or post would break the entire internet.

MJs funeral was the most watched live event ever. I see cacs have tried to revise history since it happened. Michael Jackson was the most famous person who ever lived. Jordan would be number 2

Im bias as fukk.. I've been mega fans of Both MJs my whole life.

leoc

All Star
Daps
CR7... :mjlol:

How can CR7 be more popular than MJ, when the US, pushes pop culture around the world. The world (respectfully), looks to our stars/celebs. Not vice-versa.

7/10 elders, throughout the US will not, know who TF CR7 is (they'll all know MJ and Jordan ofc). Won't even mention Cena, cuz I'd basically put him along the lines of Ronaldo.

IG skews popularity, cuz a lot of folks (especially younger folks), will follow celebs, just off GP...

"CR7....500 milli followers..." :gladbron:
(click)

Ppl just wanna feel like they belong, pocket-watch, and romanticize nkkas lifestyles.

cena status? mfs come on the coli and just post gibberish

btw just because elders in the US may not recognize him, doesn't mean young people in the US wouldn't recognize him and it doesn't mean he wouldn't be recognized worldwide by elders and younger people

and your IG followers thing, why is cena only at like 18 million followers then? I thought people wanna belong, and cena is a big meme, so shouldn't be be at least 500 million since he is ronaldo status?:jbhmm:

TravexdaGod

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Fukkerytown
Michael Jackson and it's not even close.

Ronaldo at his peak may have a bigger fanbase by sheer size. Maybe, and I'm sure he has pull, but he couldn't get most of America to care about him or soccer outside of enthusiasts.

Jordan at his peak was the main facilitator who made basketball truly global and mainstream. He had people in the US & around the world who didn't even watch sports follow him and the Bulls, wear his jersey/Bulls merchandise, use his number, etc. He expanded his sport so much to the point he transcended it.

Ronaldo at his peak may have a bigger fanbase by sheer size, but he couldn't get most of America to care about him or soccer outside of enthusiasts.

They should've put Hogan, Austin or Rock instead of Cena.