"At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games for years"

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
We're expecting the new Xbox consoles to come with an all-new OS, based on Windows Core OS, which we've been covering for some time now. Expect an all-new dashboard based on the Fluent Design System, with the speed and fluidity at the forefront. The next Xbox will be fully backward compatible with the existing library on your Xbox One, including X360 and OG Xbox back compatibility. At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games. For at least a few years, games will ship on both the Xbox One consoles and on the new Scarlett consoles, as is typically the case during a generational transition.
All the good stuff we expect to see at E3 2019
:mjlol:. This system sound trash already

Update May 30, 2019: Due to some confusion over this paragraph, I've updated this section. We've heard that there's a possibility that, at least at launch, there will potentially be a period where new Xbox Game Studios titles launch for both Scarlett consoles, and original Xbox One consoles. This potentially pertains to the completion of Game Core, which is a development environment that won't be coming to the older Xbox consoles, as it's tied to the development of Windows Core OS. The finer details on this are very scant, so take it with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Call conumer friendly moves trash brehs

Backwards compatibly is consumer friendly?:yeshrug:

Thats such a small minority these days, Xbone is gonna need exclusives beyond Halo Forza Gears.

Theres a reason they are trying to get exclusive marketing rights for certain games. DMCV, NiOh 2 etc

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Backwards compatibly is consumer friendly?
tenor.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm no XBox fan, but they're just playing semantics to make it sound worse.

Basically there won't be any games that ONLY run on the new box for a few years. The exact same thing happened this gen, with there being what felt like a longer cross-gen window than normal.

And besides, this is to be expected, as Microsoft is trying to push to a point where XBox is a gaming platform that doesn't require specific hardware from them. One of the first steps, I guess, would be keeping two generations of hardware supported for as long as possible.

I think that thinking might effect people rushing out to by the new one, but who knows? I could be wrong. :yeshrug:

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Guess I'll just keep my One for those years then... Console will be cheap af by then too.

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
So why buy a Xbox 2 if there are no exclusives? For slightly better looking games??

Ppl buy new systems for new games/the promise of new games.

Even xbox1/ps4 while having weak ass launch line ups had exclusives from day 1.