"At launch, we've heard there won't be any "Xbox Scarlett"-exclusive games for years"

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Backwards compatibly is consumer friendly?:yeshrug:

Thats such a small minority these days, Xbone is gonna need exclusives beyond Halo Forza Gears.

Theres a reason they are trying to get exclusive marketing rights for certain games. DMCV, NiOh 2 etc
I wouldn't even call it backwards compatible. The now model Xbox is basically gonna be like a new graphics card generation. The older graphics cards still run new games but after a few years they won't be able to run new games anymore.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm surprised people think a move like this would actually hold games back on Scarlett. We been playing remixes of the GTA, Demon Souls, Gears/Uncharted, & Halo formulas for 2 generations now and next gen won't be any different. It's not 1996 when revolutionary changes to the way we played were still happening, console gaming has reach maturity. VR and mobile is where the experimentation is at. So enjoy that Uncharted clone with better graphics breh.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s not the point I was making. fukk wrong with you breh:dahell:
You said and I quote

"Sony and Microsoft don't make money off of hardware."

I stated and proved otherwise and now you moonwalking talking about that's not the point you was making when that's the EXACT point you were making.
With the financial results released a few days ago many have been wondering about the impact of the PS4 on Sony’s finances, and today’s Sony’s CEO Kazuo Hirai explained during a corporate strategy meeting in Tokyo that the hardware is indeed profitable, as reported by the Japanese site AV Watch.

"The PS4 has already recorded a profit with hardware alone, and in that it’s different from the business model of previous platforms."
Kaz Hirai: The PS4 is Already Profitable With Hardware Alone

This was in 2014, which is AFTER 2013.

Be confused brehs.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You said and I quote

"Sony and Microsoft don't make money off of hardware."

I stated and proved otherwise and now you moonwalking talking about that's not the point you was making when that's the EXACT point you were making.

Kaz Hirai: The PS4 is Already Profitable With Hardware Alone

This was in 2014, which is AFTER 2013.

Be confused brehs.
Obviously my comment was meant more as a general idea, not an exact factual statement.

Hardware is not the profit driver by far.

You know that, but want to act dumb for whatever reason.

It’s not even an unknown or controversial idea.

fukk wrong with you breh? Sony stans are a weird bunch

Ready to jump out the window at Sony’s defense at the drop of a hat :mjlol:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obviously my comment was meant more as a general idea, not an exact factual statement.

Hardware is not the profit driver by far.

You know that, but want to act dumb for whatever reason.

It’s not even an unknown or controversial idea.

fukk wrong with you breh? Sony stans are a weird bunch

Ready to jump out the window at Sony’s defense at the drop of a hat :mjlol:
I knew that, I just had to completely defend Sony's honor from being lumped in with Microsoft in the same sentence because i'm a frothing at the mouth Sony stan.