At it's peak what was bigger? Stone Cold or Hulkamania?

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Hulk was first, thus of course he was bigger.

However, if you put he, Rock, and Austin in a room today of WRESTLING fans, Austin and Rock would prob get most love. I say that respectfully acknowledging a good chunk of Hogan's core fans are passed now too.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
A good question though is will there ever be another Hogan, Austin, or Rock?
or better yet...
CAN there be another Hogan, Austin, or Rock?

John Cena is big and is prob even more mainstream currently than Hogan and Austin ever had longevity wise, yet because he came behind those 3, his impact will never match those 3. Even as he stars in multiple movies and TV shows

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
Hulk was first, thus of course he was bigger.

However, if you put he, Rock, and Austin in a room today of WRESTLING fans, Austin and Rock would prob get most love. I say that respectfully acknowledging a good chunk of Hogan's core fans are passed now too.

Speaking today, Rock has far eclipsed both Hogan and Austin in terms of star power. :ehh:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not old enough to remember prime hulkamania, so I’d have to say Stone cold by default.

Also stone cold hasn’t been exposed as a racist. So I’m gonna say him regardless.
Yeah, but this isn't sound reasoning at all lol.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A good question though is will there ever be another Hogan, Austin, or Rock?
or better yet...
CAN there be another Hogan, Austin, or Rock?

John Cena is big and is prob even more mainstream currently than Hogan and Austin ever had longevity wise, yet because he came behind those 3, his impact will never match those 3. Even as he stars in multiple movies and TV shows
Of course there will/can be.

People always say there can never be someone bigger than what was before, and then someone comes along. Of course, the people who grew up with Austin or grew up with Hogan or grew up in the Rock era will always say that the guys that came after aren't on that level, but there can/will always be another huge star to come to that level. It's the Jordan/Bron shyt. Just in this current social media climate, there will be enough people comparing/shytting on the new king to try to bring him down.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hulkamania hands down. shyt isn't even close.

Hulkamania was a golden boy and he was everything.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hulkamania. If you were a kid in the 80's like me you know that Hulk was EVERYWHERE. Lunchboxes, cartoons, cereal boxes, movies, etc. He was that cac.

No disrespect to Stone Goat but Hulk was :wow:

When he did this ..

giphy.gif

No lie we all marked the fukk out:wow: We all thought it was impossible as kids.:wow:

When he was getting his ass whopped and the end was near... That bald blonde cac would pop a senzu bean and power back up again.

Point and you:ufdup: Then hit you with the big boot and then the leg drop and it was :rip:

wm5-hoganwingif_zpsebfc7085.gif

He was also in the movies where you must watch no matter what if his movies :trash: and you still get entertained by his films cause he's. HULK HOGAN!

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
Hulk Hogan had kids training , praying and taking thier vitamins while he was doing cocaine and popping pills and poking himself with steroid needles.

Crazy when you think about that in hindsight.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Of course there will/can be.

People always say there can never be someone bigger than what was before, and then someone comes along. Of course, the people who grew up with Austin or grew up with Hogan or grew up in the Rock era will always say that the guys that came after aren't on that level, but there can/will always be another huge star to come to that level. It's the Jordan/Bron shyt. Just in this current social media climate, there will be enough people comparing/shytting on the new king to try to bring him down.
I think the worry is more about WWE's climate than anything. WWE doesn't seem to have a boom period coming anytime soon (and they don't need one tbh) so there seems to be no possible situation in place where a guy can take them into another stratosphere the way Hogan, Austin, and Rock did.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Btw, the answer to OP's thread question for me is easily SCSA in MY world.

In fact, this is the groupiest thing I've ever done, but Austin is doing his first ever Meet and Greet during Wrestlemania here in NOLA next month and I instantly shelled out $316 to get an exclusive meet and greet with him when tickets went on sale. That's how hard I stan for him. My childhood idol man :mjcry: