At first it was funny, but now its just SAD to see New York lack a rap identity

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Where's that New York sound? I miss NY having their own identity

Everything out of the area sounds like its from some where else. (at least the mainstream stuff)

To quote Talib Kweli. "we used to drive to 50 states and hear 50 flows/ now every city knows sames songs its just again pimps and hos/ and the kids think the key to gettin down in the game/ is to copy the hot nikka and start soundin the same"

I'm not gonna lie, as a southern nikka at first it was :heh:
Now its just :snoop:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Breh it ain't no hope for them nikkas no more. Them nikkas identity is trying to remix Southern Hits that been out for months :scusthov:. Them nikkas are like that one bum-ass uncle that still lives vicariously through the golden days :scusthov:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
:comeon: Nah dude y'all ARE alone. Every region had a young nucleus of talented up-and-comers to carry the torch from the OG's EXCEPT NY :scusthov:

Haha who the south have? Future?:youngsabo: 2-chainz?:comeon: Travis Porter? :jawalrus:

And dont bother saying Jay Electronica that guy is gonna be 40 when he drops his 1st album. Only thing the south got is Big Krit.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Haha who the south have? Future?:youngsabo: 2-chainz?:comeon: Travis Porter? :jawalrus:

And dont bother saying Jay Electronica that guy is gonna be 40 when he drops his 1st album. Only thing the south got is Big Krit.

Do Curren$y (just hit mainstream) and K.R.I.T. not have albums that drop on Tuesday? Did J. Cole not get a gold plaque last year? Ain't Wale droppin' music? And 2-chainz ain't doing nothing but taking that trap music torch from Jeezy, T.I., Gucci, etc.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
as a west coast nikka im still :heh:

but really tho ny step yall game up :stopitslime:
nas can't keep saving yall

haha, for all the years the westcoast was getting shyt on over at SOHH I do have to agree a part of me laughs.

But then I realize just how much great music New York put out in the 80s and 90s and think it hurts Hip Hop when New York isn't pumping out new talent.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
Do Curren$y (just hit mainstream) and K.R.I.T. not have albums that drop on Tuesday? Did J. Cole not get a gold plaque last year? Ain't Wale droppin' music? And 2-chainz ain't doing nothing but taking that trap music torch from Jeezy, T.I., Gucci, etc.

Currensy aint new. And J.Cole is a snooze fest. And haha at the south claiming wale :pachaha: nikka rep DMV, thats more up North more than the South b lol.

Its really only the west thats making movies. Face it, the south aint doing shyt :shaq:

Unless you wanna include Cashing out :mjpls: :leon: