Asus Rog Ally |OT| Another competitor enters the arena

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I don't have SF6 yet, but I am having issues with some older games that closw at the launch screen. Mirror edge locks up and can't even be closed via task manager. With Steam Deck, I can fiddle with proton settings, but when a game fails on the Ally but works on all my other Windows devices, I just feel lost.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I don't have SF6 yet, but I am having issues with some older games that closw at the launch screen. Mirror edge locks up and can't even be closed via task manager. With Steam Deck, I can fiddle with proton settings, but when a game fails on the Ally but works on all my other Windows devices, I just feel lost.

Told yall to stick with that Deck :francis:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Hmm, I'm going to try Mirror's Edge tonight to see what's going on.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
BREHS

Yall need to follow these instructions ASAP. Tuning off Core Isolation and the Virtual Machine legit gave me better framerates in problem games. Midnight Suns no longer needs 8GB of GPU to run and actually runs respectably on High :leon:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I'm not going to downgrade. I'm going to wait. I'm predicting Asus will release a new bios update in the coming week. The bad press over it is building too fast. Youtuber the Phawx says the current Bios gives worse performance not just compared with the bios update a few weeks ago, but even the initial Bios back in April. That's insane.

BTW, I installed some video apps like YouTube, Netflix, and HBO Max. I let Netflix run for 3 hrs and I still had 68% battery left.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I'm not going to downgrade. I'm going to wait. I'm predicting Asus will release a new bios update in the coming week. The bad press over it is building too fast. Youtuber the Phawx says the current Bios gives worse performance not just compared with the bios update a few weeks ago, but even the initial Bios back in April. That's insane.

BTW, I installed some video apps like YouTube, Netflix, and HBO Max. I let Netflix run for 3 hrs and I still had 68% battery left.
Nah I’m downgrading. Lol. Soon as I get home from work.