Asus Rog Ally |OT| Another competitor enters the arena

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Brehs .. I can get this for a huge discount new… did they fix the microsd? Is it worth it over the steam deck.. I prefer windows I guess but deck is is easy to use

If it's a gen 1 version i believe you are still at risk for sd card issues. However asus has extended all warranties for gen 1 allys to 2 years. So if you do end up with a faulty sd card reader just send it to them to rma it and they will fix it.

I have a launch day ally. My sd card reader died about 2 months in. Sent it in for rma. Got it back in 2 weeks and never had another issue with it.

Said it once and I'll say it again. The Ally is the best tech purchase I ever made! Still use it daily!

Last edited:

Ezkh

Pro
Daps
I can get one for cheap, but i feel like the new version coming up next month really fixes a lot of things. Decisions decisions...

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
I can get one for cheap, but i feel like the new version coming up next month really fixes a lot of things. Decisions decisions...
It’ll be too expensive.. not paying $700+ USA or 1000 Canadian for some ram and a working card reader and the same screen

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
:mjcry: Had to sell my ROG. But on the real, the blue screens and weird crashes have been surging like a mofo. Meanwhile the Steam Deck still hold it down despite the Proton babble.

I basically rented it.. if I like it I’ll keep it.. if I don’t I’ll return and get the oled… no biggie

I like it though :ahh: haven’t even gamed on it yet been updating it

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
Got sonic all stars transformed running on it :ahh: not a popular game but I love it

If you have the legion go you’d know it’s impossible to run the game properly unless you do some mods to windows :smh:

Ghost of Tsushima next. Bootleg copy… cause windows

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
I’ll keep the thread alive :salute:

Thing keeps crashing on me.. and there’s bugs it he software that’s making me shoot randomly in halo :snoop:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Was playing Octopath on Xbox game pass while my son was in the dentist today. I might shipped this jawn to get volume down button fixed and then sell it to get the newer one