Astral Chain >>>>>>>> Sekiro

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Man, this game is easily the best fighting engine created since the OG Ninja Gaiden on Xbox. Truly an amazing game. One of the few game where you need to be in the training session in order to master the fighting techniques. When you get good, you feel fukking amazing. The game is nearly perfect in every aspect.

Its truly one of the few times where the Switch hardware is a limiting factor. This game should be remade on Xbox Series X real talk.

Dont miss out on this masterpiece!

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
better than sekiro?
:hhh:
SpeedyUnderstatedAidi-size_restricted.gif

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:patrice:

I don’t know if I would compare those 2 games. It’s definitely better than DMC 5

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The game was good and the story was engaging. And to me, this game felt a lot more accessible and easier when compared to Sekiaro and the Bayonetta games. My only major complaint is the post-game content felt way too repetitive for me. Although that is more so a personal distaste for me.

But I will say that this is one of the best looking and performing Switch games out there. But at the end of the day its a Switch game so that shouldn't be the reason you would buy it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually OP is right, sekiro battle system is pretty basic but it's clean and the difficulty makes for a much more rewarding feeling.

However astral chain battle system actually has layers and depth. It's also challenging.

But the over all game just doesn't click like sekiro. Even though it is good.

However I think if this was on like PS or Xbox people would be praising it as one of the best games to come out.

It's one of my favorite games this generation that I forget to talk about

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
This ninja said OG Xbox Ninja Gaiden. Those are big words. I have played a lot of action games over the years and no action game is beating OG Ninja Gaiden + Hurricane Pack 1.

When they added the Intercept move, they accidentally PERFECTED the camera. Do y'all know how fukking hard it is to perfect the camera in an action game? These ninjas did it.

Then they REMOVED intercept for Ninja Gaiden Black and all its sequels. It never returned. And I haven't seen a similar mechanic since. If there is, tell me. I'll cop that shyt right now.

What intercept did, it was a counter, however unlike most counters.....it recentered The fukking Camera Behind You!!!!!!! The importance of this is understated. The most common complaint about action games is enemies hitting you off screen and you can't see shyt so your spatial awareness is affected.

With Intercept, that problem was solved.

Then they took it away like a bunch of dumb asses and Ninja Gaiden has been on a downward spiral ever since. Ryu's Flying Swallow and Intercept move were the best two moves I've ever used in an action game.

I loved the flying swallow. There was a Wolverine game that straight up copied it and it made that Wolverine game so much better than it should've been.

If the game doesn't have abilities that recenter the camera or home you in on enemies like the above two abilities mentioned then don't slander Ninja Gaiden's name.