Assassin's Creed Valhalla - TRAILER | Holiday 2020

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:dahell::dahell::dahell: what type of marketing is this:camby:
not gonna lie yall but im concerned:francis: AC orgins and odyseey was good..but after that presentation they had of this game a month or so ago...with all the stuttering:scust::scust: ....im coping for ps5 but idk i got bad feeling about this game:scust: something is off with the gameplay:scust: maybe its the stamina system:unimpressed:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Parts of the first video were mildly entertaining but I don't get the angle. Actually - I do, it's like I said several months ago, it's a white persons greatest hits type of game. Rape, pillage, invade, but rewrite history so that you don't seem like such a piece of shyt. The formula is already stale and it's only the third entry using it. They need to out the AC IP out to pasture and just move on at this point.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell::dahell::dahell: what type of marketing is this:camby:
not gonna lie yall but im concerned:francis: AC orgins and odyseey was good..but after that presentation they had of this game a month or so ago...with all the stuttering:scust::scust: ....im coping for ps5 but idk i got bad feeling about this game:scust: something is off with the gameplay:scust: maybe its the stamina system:unimpressed:

I think it's because these games don't have their own unique sense of gameplay anymore.

At this point, it's an action RPG with a half assed Destiny/GaaS style gear system. I think the worst thing they did with this most recent set of games was completely nerf the lethality of the characters by chasing down Souls style slower paced combat. I was in the same spot playing Odyssey where I thought that something seemed off, but just couldn't solidly define it. Then I realized that it was the combat. It just wasn't as fun as I remember previous games being. For example, in old games, something like getting spotted in a fort wouldn't be an issue, because you could easily kill off an entire mob of enemies in a short amount of time. In the new games, knowing that you're going to fight more than maybe three enemies feels like a more serious time investment.

I understand the combat had to change with the times, and this provides a (mostly welcome) challenge, but it does suck knowing that you can't just roll up and kill almost anyone pretty quickly.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I skimmed the first vid. Did the marketing people get purged too?

Because that was quite awful.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it's because these games don't have their own unique sense of gameplay anymore.

At this point, it's an action RPG with a half assed Destiny/GaaS style gear system. I think the worst thing they did with this most recent set of games was completely nerf the lethality of the characters by chasing down Souls style slower paced combat. I was in the same spot playing Odyssey where I thought that something seemed off, but just couldn't solidly define it. Then I realized that it was the combat. It just wasn't as fun as I remember previous games being. For example, in old games, something like getting spotted in a fort wouldn't be an issue, because you could easily kill off an entire mob of enemies in a short amount of time. In the new games, knowing that you're going to fight more than maybe three enemies feels like a more serious time investment.

I understand the combat had to change with the times, and this provides a (mostly welcome) challenge, but it does suck knowing that you can't just roll up and kill almost anyone pretty quickly.

I don't mind the combat since it incentivizes stealth without making it the only option. I just hated having to level up just to be able to stab somebody in the neck one time :unimpressed:

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Watching Ubisoft North America stream this. Gameplay continues with the evolution of the Witcher 3 gameplay that Odyssey had. Seems like a good buy to me. Not sure how I'd fit in time to play with COD & Cyberpunk dropping at the same time.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
After Last of Us 2, I might have to extend my Abby playthrough back through time and pick the female :skip: that trailer looks hard tho :wow:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What was that sound from at 5:44 of the trailer? It’s a familiar fail state chime but I can’t place it :patrice: