Assassins Creed: Shadows (Japan) 2024+

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If the Samurai was white, the Japanese complaint will be about half as vehement as it is now. :mjpls:

Nioh already did the White samurai thing and there was no real commotion about it naturally. William Adams never saw battle or did any actual fighting in real life, but the game had him in full Samurai garb cutting down demons.

This whole thing is just racist White men trying to brute force and gaslight a country into caring about a pointless issue to further their cause. Japan overall doesn't care about this, they have their own game industry and are far removed from American politics and culture wars.

Daps
Nioh already did the White samurai thing and there was no real commotion about it naturally. William Adams never saw battle or did any actual fighting in real life, but the game had him in full Samurai garb cutting down demons.

This whole thing is just racist White men trying to brute force and gaslight a country into caring about a pointless issue to further their cause. Japan overall doesn't care about this, they have their own game industry and are far removed from American politics and culture wars.
I agree with everything you said but low-key the Japs are also mad about it. They've been showing the same anti black hate as the white incels as well only it's in Japanese

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They're still bytching about this? and what's the end goal? Do they think Ubisoft is going to cancel and spend 4 more years redeveloping this game just to remove the main character? lol

Ok lets say Yasuke wasn't a samurai, now what? What are we supposed to do with this information? George Washington wasn't a power hungry king who got assassinated either.

White male geeks and incels have to be one of the worst demographics of all time. A lot of them are underachievers and failures in real life and their whole self worth comes from fictional power fantasies in the media and romanticized depictions of the past. These guys really feel threatened that a Black character has taken that hero foreigner spot that is normally reserved for White male characters. They think it's going have real life societal implications lol

I guess their end goal is to try and hurt sales so they don’t dare think about putting black people in anymore games.

Also, the ones at the top are making money off the outrage baiting on Elon musk twitter. The more shyt they can say and do to rile people up the more money they make, unfortunately the things that rile these cacs up are black people, gays, ‘ugly women’, censorship, etc.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

The problem was in Ubisoft’s marketing materials calling him historical key figure, and that white author making shyt up. They really fukked up on that one as Japan takes its history seriously. Now everybody is pointing fingers back and forth.

Nobody in Japan cared about Yasuke in that shytty Flying Lotus anime, or in Dynasty Warriors. All Ubisoft had to say was this was a fantasy retelling.

Those CACs clutching pearls though are distorting the fukk out of this.

Anhur

All Star
Daps
The problem was in Ubisoft’s marketing materials calling him historical key figure, and that white author making shyt up. They really fukked up on that one as Japan takes its history seriously. Now everybody is pointing fingers back and forth.

Nobody in Japan cared about Yasuke in that shytty Flying Lotus anime, or in Dynasty Warriors. All Ubisoft had to say was this was a fantasy retelling.

The white author didn't even say much. He just said that Yasuke was a black Samurai from an unknown background.
This isn't even controversial since another Japanese historian also said the same (you can see that in the previous page).
Cacs just want to discredit another black man and call him a pet or a sIave. That's all it is.

Ubisoft just threw an egg on everyone's face that was defending Yasuke's legitimacy with their cowardly apology.
All they had to do was apologize for mixing Chinese cultural ornaments with Japanese ones in their ads.
Instead, they put Yasuke's legitimacy into question and for what? Those people would never buy the game anyway.
They also validated their delusions.
Now they will feel like they got actual power and continue to harass other companies and academics that don't align with their views.
:snoop::snoop:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Always endlessly amusing that gamers bytch about thinks being political. Then they do decide to get political its this dumb shyt :deadrose:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

The CACs are doing what they always do. Manipulating and muddying waters with their own bad faith takes and concens. Online discourse is in the very depths of trash thanks to these idiots.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Nobody complained about the “historical accuracy “ when your fighting as an women in Ancient Greece :stopitslime:

These white boys are so fragile they don’t even want to see black people in a virtual world :pachaha:

It all boils down to they don’t want blacks in their precious Japan

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Nobody complained about the “historical accuracy “ when your fighting as an ATTRACTIVE women in Ancient Greece :stopitslime:

These white boys are so fragile they don’t even want to see black people in a virtual world :pachaha:

It all boils down to they don’t want blacks in their precious Japan​

If it's not male or voloptous for them to masturbate over, they kick fits online in various forms.
The fact that the prequel/sequel/whatever to the first Horizon Dawn, from which I understand is a pretty good game regardless, got caught up in so much drama mainly because the main character didn't look like fap fodder anymore or some weird shyt.

The axe murderer

Daps

If it's not male or voloptous for them to masturbate over, they kick fits online in various forms.
The fact that the prequel/sequel/whatever to the first Horizon Dawn, from which I understand is a pretty good game regardless, got caught up in so much drama mainly because the main character didn't look like fap fodder anymore or some weird shyt.
Even thats not enough. They accused stellar blade of censorship over veeeeeeeeeery minor changes that you'd need an electron microscrope to notice and that game got onlyfans cleavage.

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

I meant to add that they say they want well written characters but what they really mean

Looks White/Asian & to be able to jack off too it

The axe murderer

Daps
I meant to add that they say they want well written characters but what they really mean

Looks White/Asian & to be able to jack off too it
Yeah remember when Vivienne on dragon age Inquisition came out? A literal fantasy setting. There were mods where she is race swapped :deadrose:
Edit i think that was Isabella too

Last edited: