Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4, XB1, PC) OT

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The Hidden Ones DLC dropped today, I downloaded it started intro no spoilers from me, few screenshots though
4iilu9.jpg
303bcc4.jpg
vos607.jpg

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
started playing it last night. not sure what would be considered spoilers, but i'm only discussing gameplay mechanics below, with one minor game-related spoiler.

first thing i noticed is the enemy response patterns have changed slightly for the better. you can still wipe out half a platoon from long-range using predator bow, but if you're not strategic about who you snipe, or even worse you miss, it looks like they're a little more dedicated when it comes to searching for you.

by the time i got to level 40 in the original game, i could walk up to any enemy camp and immediately determine who it was safe to snipe, and who i would need to get up close and poison before making my way inside to get my hands dirty. and the way i play, once i'm in i'm murdering everyone. lol, i dont play that solid snake, get in and get without being seen bullshyt, so i've literally left no survivors at every single enemy base the game has to offer. usually for me bases are only challenging because of how big they are.

i never would get caught sniping with the predator bow in the original game. even when i missed i would just let off another shot or reset my position and wait for shyt to calm down. well... i sniped a dude last night without triggering any alerts, and because one dude reacted and ran to the body after it happened, the enemy immediately sent 6 dudes in the general direction the arrow came from.

first dude walked up to the bale of hay i was hiding in (which was tucked behind 3 tents in a corner, next to a ramp... it wasn't out in the open), then moved on. 4 other dudes walked around me. and right when i thought i was safe the first dude came back after finishing his sweep, poked the bale of hay, forcing me to kill him in front of the sixth dude, who immediately ran up a ladder and lit the reinforcements torch (the whole reason i was in that part of the camp to begin with). i actually beat him up the ladder, but stood too close to the ledge trying to knock him off the ladder and missed, allowing him to light the torch.

that was literally the first time since i was at level 20 that i got caught creeping through a base. and it definitely felt like it was because the enemy was using new tricks to track me.

they also staggered the layout of the base in a way that makes you get closer in order to deal with some enemies. the base i raided was partially in water, partially on the main road, partially underground, with one major camp near the first road and a second major camp built into two rising levels of a big ass mountain that led to a path into a new region...

SPOILER ALERT:
AND A NEW PHYLAKE :damn:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
just finished it :wow: so that's how it all started i gotta finish syndicate and black flags now

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This was a good post i seen in another forum about Arya and Bayek
I have seen many people saying that Aya leaving Bayek was totally out of nowhere and that it didn't make sense. Well, I've got news for you:

You're either oblivious when it comes to signs of failure in romantic relationships, or you haven't been in many relationships at all.

Now, I don't want to make this post too long and drawn out, but Aya leaving Bayek was pretty damn obvious to me throughout the entire story, and I'll explain why.

Play the game again, and take note of every interaction between Bayek and Aya. When they meet in Alexandria at the start of the campaign, things are immediately physical between the two. Aya actively ignores certain topics or stops Bayek from speaking about them, like her son's death or anything serious involving their relationship/marriage/whatever it technically is. Their first two interactions in Alexandria in the game, meeting her underground and then having sex after Bayek assassinates the first targets in the game, immediately show that they want different things out of their relationship. This is the first warning sign I recognized. And that brings me to my next point.

Throughout the game, most of her interactions with Bayek are overtly sexual in nature. Beyond discussing their pursuit of those who are guilty of Khemu's murder, she actively avoids talking about her feelings towards Bayek. It's subtle, but very often, she'd steer the conversation in a different direction while appearing to be staying on topic. Unfortunately for Bayek, iirc she is pretty much the first and only woman he was ever with, so he himself is quite naive when it comes to intimate relationships.

Now, this information backs up my point earlier that many of you are oblivious when it comes to romantic relationships. Many people in this subreddit are always saying "but they have sex every time they see each other" or something of that nature. And this, to me, demonstrates that many people here don't understand that love and sexual desire, while often intertwined, are in fact separate things.

And that brings me to my (probably) final point. I've seen people say that Aya is an a$$hole or emotionless or a number of other things. And reading this post, you may get that idea. She's pursuing a purely physical relationship with Bayek while he's clearly in love with her and wants things to go back to the way they were? What a dikk, right?

Well, honestly, this is just people making a hasty generalization while not taking both Aya and Bayek's entire personal context into account. I haven't read the prequel book, but I have read a summary of the plot, and from what I understand, Aya did love Bayek, but only ever stayed with him because she thought she should, due to the fact that she was pregnant with his child. She continued to stay after she gave birth because obviously she didn't want to abandon her Khemu. But now, her son is dead. She has no reason to stay because her love for Bayek was never as strong as his was for her, and it has weakened immeasurably due to both Khemu's death and their time apart while Bayek hunted for Rudjek.

If you observe Aya's behaviour throughout the game, you'll notice that she's incredibly driven. She needs a cause to fight for. She kills people, either to avenge Khemu or to have some semblance of purpose by helping Cleopatra's cause. She continues to have sexual encounters with Bayek, likely hoping she'll feel some sort of spark again or maybe simply to relieve the stress she's going through. And then, at the end, she realises that she can't fix her life the way she wants to. Things won't go back to the way they were. There's no point in staying with Bayek, because she's fallen out of love. Because their only son is dead. And because killing those responsible didn't bring him back, it didn't bring back her love for Bayek, and it certainly didn't make either of them feel any better.

So, yeah. This is my defense of Aya as a character, and this is why leaving Bayek wasn't a sudden and unexpected occurrence, unlike what many of you may think.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
This was a good post i seen in another forum about Arya and Bayek
I have seen many people saying that Aya leaving Bayek was totally out of nowhere and that it didn't make sense. Well, I've got news for you:

You're either oblivious when it comes to signs of failure in romantic relationships, or you haven't been in many relationships at all.

Now, I don't want to make this post too long and drawn out, but Aya leaving Bayek was pretty damn obvious to me throughout the entire story, and I'll explain why.

Play the game again, and take note of every interaction between Bayek and Aya. When they meet in Alexandria at the start of the campaign, things are immediately physical between the two. Aya actively ignores certain topics or stops Bayek from speaking about them, like her son's death or anything serious involving their relationship/marriage/whatever it technically is. Their first two interactions in Alexandria in the game, meeting her underground and then having sex after Bayek assassinates the first targets in the game, immediately show that they want different things out of their relationship. This is the first warning sign I recognized. And that brings me to my next point.

Throughout the game, most of her interactions with Bayek are overtly sexual in nature. Beyond discussing their pursuit of those who are guilty of Khemu's murder, she actively avoids talking about her feelings towards Bayek. It's subtle, but very often, she'd steer the conversation in a different direction while appearing to be staying on topic. Unfortunately for Bayek, iirc she is pretty much the first and only woman he was ever with, so he himself is quite naive when it comes to intimate relationships.

Now, this information backs up my point earlier that many of you are oblivious when it comes to romantic relationships. Many people in this subreddit are always saying "but they have sex every time they see each other" or something of that nature. And this, to me, demonstrates that many people here don't understand that love and sexual desire, while often intertwined, are in fact separate things.

And that brings me to my (probably) final point. I've seen people say that Aya is an a$$hole or emotionless or a number of other things. And reading this post, you may get that idea. She's pursuing a purely physical relationship with Bayek while he's clearly in love with her and wants things to go back to the way they were? What a dikk, right?

Well, honestly, this is just people making a hasty generalization while not taking both Aya and Bayek's entire personal context into account. I haven't read the prequel book, but I have read a summary of the plot, and from what I understand, Aya did love Bayek, but only ever stayed with him because she thought she should, due to the fact that she was pregnant with his child. She continued to stay after she gave birth because obviously she didn't want to abandon her Khemu. But now, her son is dead. She has no reason to stay because her love for Bayek was never as strong as his was for her, and it has weakened immeasurably due to both Khemu's death and their time apart while Bayek hunted for Rudjek.

If you observe Aya's behaviour throughout the game, you'll notice that she's incredibly driven. She needs a cause to fight for. She kills people, either to avenge Khemu or to have some semblance of purpose by helping Cleopatra's cause. She continues to have sexual encounters with Bayek, likely hoping she'll feel some sort of spark again or maybe simply to relieve the stress she's going through. And then, at the end, she realises that she can't fix her life the way she wants to. Things won't go back to the way they were. There's no point in staying with Bayek, because she's fallen out of love. Because their only son is dead. And because killing those responsible didn't bring him back, it didn't bring back her love for Bayek, and it certainly didn't make either of them feel any better.

So, yeah. This is my defense of Aya as a character, and this is why leaving Bayek wasn't a sudden and unexpected occurrence, unlike what many of you may think.
Think I remember reading this on Kotaku :patrice:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Was playing earlier

At the part where you and that dude have to escape the pyramid...and im stuck on one of the puzzles :beli:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So I bought a shyt ton of credits. I pimped out my shyt, all legendary everything. :whew:

However, playing this way sucks. The game’s too easy.

DLC like this is bad.

Well, I guess I’ll just up the difficulty. :manny:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
So I bought a shyt ton of credits. I pimped out my shyt, all legendary everything. :whew:

However, playing this way sucks. The game’s too easy.

DLC like this is bad.

Well, I guess I’ll just up the difficulty. :manny:
in the words of @Mowgli if you not playing on Hard you not even playing :manny:

Last edited: