Assassins Creed Dawn of Ragnarok Announced

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Altair, Ezio, and Desmond made the series great. Redo those then kill the series off for good :banderas:

I took a big break from the series after being disappointed by 3. then got Origins Gold and Odyssey Gold for $20 each on sale.

Origins was a great balance of story and gameplay. All the sidequests lent themselves to the story and the exploration being locked off by levels made it to where you would naturally progress into certain areas when the story needed you to. Bayek was a great protagonist and Aya would have been too if given the chance. Ubisoft got sloppy at the end of the game and their former President fukked over the whole game pretty much since he never wanted female protagonists. Modern day was a complete afterthought in this one, Laila not much of a compelling lead due to how they designed this portion. Game still felt like a natural progression of the series.

Odyssey on the other hand was way too bloated imo. Once again the decisions of the former Ubisoft President fukked the whole game up; the story only makes sense if you play as Kassandra and Alexios is Deimos. So why even have the option to play as bum ass Alexios?? The game pacing is all fukked up though, from the beginning you can go anywhere and do anything - which I did. So I was way overleveled during the story quests. The cult - the whole damn point of the game - is fukking optional and outside of 3 or 4 members somehow not central to the story at all smh. During my random exploration I was coming across high level members and leaders of the cult and cheesing the game to take them out. the game suffered from this. They really tried to expand the modern day and Isu side of the story with this one which was a great move, but the stories just dragged on and on. some of the major shyt is only explained by reading notes on Kassandra's laptop....FOH. In the old games they gave you the big pieces in the story but left enough mystery for you to hunt down the clues and fill in the lore of the world.

With Valhalla, they tripled down on the RPG elements and have even more bloat. Once again the poor decisions of the former Ubisoft President rears its head with the no female protagonists rule, the story only makes sense if you play as female Eivor. But somehow they keep pushing the male variant. I'm happy they are supporting their game with expansions but I'm done with these games until they make a serious change

this is a pretty accurate assessment of the series.

I’ve always felt that the devs who make these games and their core mechanics are excellent, but you can tell that there’s that struggle between the creativity of the dev team and corporate’s desire to milk the fukk out of everything and ride industry trends

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
I stopped playing at Odyssey. There's just too much bullshyt packed in these games that isn't fun. Ubisoft is like "look open world game with 100s of hours worth of content" yeah but when it becomes repetitive after doing the thing for the 3rd or 4th time nobody is gonna wanna keep playing. I'm not against a bit of grinding in rpgs but I am against a game intentionally wasting your time and just adding shyt in for the sake of extending the play time rather than enhancing the experience

I mean u just gotta chip away at it lol..no need to play 10 hr marathons...if u chip away at it doesnt seem nearly as long..every since. origins that is my strat

I guess but a game should never feel like a chore. It gets old fast is the problem. fukked up part is these games have good stories and core gameplay mechanics.

Last edited:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still have not played this game, I really have no desire. They promised it would be smaller than Odyssey instead it sounds much bigger and I dont think I have the time.

I’ve downloaded Odyssey like 5 times but I can’t force myself to put in more than like an hr, then I end up starting over:mjlol: I stopped fw the series after I couldn’t get through boring ass 3 or that pirate shyt. Got back in at Origins, and now I guess I’m back out

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They need to remake the Altair original and Ezio trilogy in the new engine.

Desmond Modern Day storyline >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The only thing I like more in the other ones is the bigger world (Origins big not Odyssey/Valhalla big) and improved combat (still has 0 weight to it, but better than waiting on a hidden blade parry).

Without diving too deep, I think everything else was better in the OG games, outside of what’s aged I’m sure

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, yeah Ive long said Ubisoft could have been built new IPs
but they seem to think slapping AC on shyt like it has the cache it used to is the move
Not to defend them
but it seems being scared to take risks is a current theme these days

All sectors of media are creatively bankrupt. It’s all sequels, remakes, or connected universes. If you gonna follow trends, you better make sure your creation deserves to exist beyond what you bit, or else I’ll just stick with the original or find something else original.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
The only thing I like more in the other ones is the bigger world (Origins big not Odyssey/Valhalla big) and improved combat (still has 0 weight to it, but better than waiting on a hidden blade parry).

Without diving too deep, I think everything else was better in the OG games, outside of what’s aged I’m sure

On some real shyt I don't care for naval combat at all. That shyt wastes your whole time and that's a big part of the series today

Once they introduced that shyt the series went downhill to me.

That's probably another reason I like origins, no naval combat

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
On some real shyt I don't care for naval combat at all. That shyt wastes your whole time and that's a big part of the series today

Once they introduced that shyt the series went downhill to me.

That's probably another reason I like origins, no naval combat

3 was the first one I straight up cut off, and I’d say it had more to do with it being boring af, not having enough high parkour, and the guns being annoying, than the naval missions, although I wasn’t high on them either. Got a PS3 slim bundle that came with a copy of it a little later (first time was on 360) and tried to play it again, same result.

Fast forward I hear all the praise for AC4, and I see all this ship shyt, and ppl literally praising it for being more of a pirate game than an AC game :dahell: so I completely skipped that one. I got no affinity for pirates and shanties and all that shyt.

I finally break down a few yrs after release and try it on PS4, against my better judgement: took that shyt back to GS later the same day :dead:

Idc about that ship/pirate shyt in the slightest. Even that section in Origins I was like :snoop: not again but luckily it was short.

At this point, Ubisoft games start on the outs with me, but back when I was a fan, I remember wishing they would just make their pirate game and leave the naval shyt outta AC. Fast forward to Skull & Bones and they can’t even get that bullshyt out the door.

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
3 was the first one I straight up cut off, and I’d say it had more to do with it being boring af, not having enough high parkour, and the guns being annoying, than the naval missions, although I wasn’t high on them either. Got a PS3 slim bundle that came with a copy of it a little later (first time was on 360) and tried to play it again, same result.

Fast forward I hear all the praise for AC4, and I see all this ship shyt, and ppl literally praising it for being more of a pirate game than an AC game :dahell: so I completely skipped that one. I finally break down a few yrs after release and try it on PS4, against my better judgement: took that shyt back to GS later the same day :dead:

Idc about that ship/pirate shyt in the slightest. Even that section in Origins I was like :snoop: not again but luckily it was short.

At this point, Ubisoft games start on the outs with me, but back when I was a fan, I remember wishing they would just make their pirate game and leave the naval shyt outta AC. Fast forward to Skull & Bones and they can’t even get that bullshyt out the door

That AC 4 was complete bullshyt. I hated it and its why I put the series down. I was fully into the assassin creed lore I did not care for that pirate shyt.

Naval combat was a definite no for me so it had to be dropped. One of my homies spent like an hour or more fighting one of those legendary qghost ships that was level 60 while we were level 5 and actually won. Only good memory of that game for me

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
I’ve downloaded Odyssey like 5 times but I can’t force myself to put in more than like an hr, then I end up starting over:mjlol: I stopped fw the series after I couldn’t get through boring ass 3 or that pirate shyt. Got back in at Origins, and now I guess I’m back out
Odyssey was a fun game but I cant blame others for not wanting to play, it is just way too much for no reason. You do 5 activities 100 times and people rightfully complained. They said they would make it smaller but this shyt looks even bigger. Odyssey took my desire out of playing this game again if it was gonna be similar.