Assassins Creed Dawn of Ragnarok Announced

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
The 1st season pass for Ragnarok was ass and not worth the $40 price point, so I’ll pass on this one. I’ve tried sticking with the series to see how the present day story actually ends, but with Infinity, there doesn’t seem to be an ending in sight :francis:

They need to remake the Altair original and Ezio trilogy in the new engine.

Desmond Modern Day storyline >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
AC used to be a history period vs gameplay synergy
Now its just straight up riding trends

I liked Origins and Odyssey but its clear that they have very little they can take this franchise anymore history wise
They just keep going farther and farther back in time lol

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
I mean u just gotta chip away at it lol..no need to play 10 hr marathons...if u chip away at it doesnt seem nearly as long..every since. origins that is my strat

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They need to remake the Altair original and Ezio trilogy in the new engine.

Desmond Modern Day storyline >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
No, they need to sit down and look at what made the game great and create a new entry in the series that builds upon that. No more goddamn remakes.

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Assassins Creed isn’t even Assassins Creed anymore. They basically ran out of ideas and turned this series into a Witcher 3/God Of War clone where instead of killing templars your fighting against mythical creatures with magic and shyt. :unimpressed:

Give us a actual Ninja/Samurai Assassins Creed and end the series already.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Assassins Creed isn’t even Assassins Creed anymore. They basically ran out of ideas and turned this series into a Witcher 3/God Of War clone where instead of killing templars your fighting against mythical creatures with magic and shyt. :unimpressed:

Give us a actual Ninja/Samurai Assassins Creed and end the series already.
ummm... why when we have....

Unless u aint sony gang :troll:

Last edited:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
No, they need to sit down and look at what made the game great and create a new entry in the series that builds upon that. No more goddamn remakes.

Altair, Ezio, and Desmond made the series great. Redo those then kill the series off for good :banderas:

I took a big break from the series after being disappointed by 3. then got Origins Gold and Odyssey Gold for $20 each on sale.

Origins was a great balance of story and gameplay. All the sidequests lent themselves to the story and the exploration being locked off by levels made it to where you would naturally progress into certain areas when the story needed you to. Bayek was a great protagonist and Aya would have been too if given the chance. Ubisoft got sloppy at the end of the game and their former President fukked over the whole game pretty much since he never wanted female protagonists. Modern day was a complete afterthought in this one, Laila not much of a compelling lead due to how they designed this portion. Game still felt like a natural progression of the series.

Odyssey on the other hand was way too bloated imo. Once again the decisions of the former Ubisoft President fukked the whole game up; the story only makes sense if you play as Kassandra and Alexios is Deimos. So why even have the option to play as bum ass Alexios?? The game pacing is all fukked up though, from the beginning you can go anywhere and do anything - which I did. So I was way overleveled during the story quests. The cult - the whole damn point of the game - is fukking optional and outside of 3 or 4 members somehow not central to the story at all smh. During my random exploration I was coming across high level members and leaders of the cult and cheesing the game to take them out. the game suffered from this. They really tried to expand the modern day and Isu side of the story with this one which was a great move, but the stories just dragged on and on. some of the major shyt is only explained by reading notes on Kassandra's laptop....FOH. In the old games they gave you the big pieces in the story but left enough mystery for you to hunt down the clues and fill in the lore of the world.

With Valhalla, they tripled down on the RPG elements and have even more bloat. Once again the poor decisions of the former Ubisoft President rears its head with the no female protagonists rule, the story only makes sense if you play as female Eivor. But somehow they keep pushing the male variant. I'm happy they are supporting their game with expansions but I'm done with these games until they make a serious change

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I mean, yeah Ive long said Ubisoft could have been built new IPs
but they seem to think slapping AC on shyt like it has the cache it used to is the move
Not to defend them
but it seems being scared to take risks is a current theme these days

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's too many Ass Creed games by now. I still am playing Origins here and there and played a little bit of Oddyssey which I like.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean, yeah Ive long said Ubisoft could have been built new IPs
but they seem to think slapping AC on shyt like it has the cache it used to is the move
Not to defend them
but it seems being scared to take risks is a current them these days

For me its not really the ideas that need work its the game design and structure. All their games feel exactly the same whether its FPS, Action/RPG, Multiplayer, etc. they need new talent with fresh ideas in there that aren’t afraid to fail. Give devs longer development time also, stop force feeding out the same 3 franchises every year.

My favorite Ubisoft game continues to be mario + Rabbids, it might very well be the only thing i play on my switch next year if BOTW2 doesn’t come out