Ask A Coli Breh Living in S. Africa ANYTHING (Now w/ Pics)

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I do wanna do shark diving. How long were you underwater? Real talk, were you scared?

And dam that's a big swing!!
you actually hover at water level in a cage, they throw out the chumming, shark shows up, you hold your breath and go under. Depending on the # of people on the boat, you are in the cage from 5-10 min. There are others where you actually snorkel but unless you fukk around and get the Vince Carter of sharks, impossible for them to get in the cage

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
@Lucky_Lefty
forgot all about u being here in SA breh
Touched down yesterday in Cape Town
Bout to check out some adult entertainment tonight but keep it lokey
tomorrow night i turn up and during the day i explore all of the cape
any recommendations as far as nightlife goes out here

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
I live in Pretoria. To me, Durban is the spot. Less douchey than CPT. Don't get it wrong, Cape is beautiful and I really didn't get to discover it like I wanted to but pound for pound, Durban is better IMO.

Once you get adjusted to things like grocery stores, malls, etc. closing crazy early (like 6-8pm), it's no different. CBD's (central business districts) remind me of videos I saw of the Bronx in the 70s and crime is heavy there (robbery and the like). If you're not fully westernized and expect all the creature comforts of home, you can easily survive here. Went to Durban for the long weekend and my days consisted of waking up hungover, shower, breakfast, run the beach, shower, eat again, bum out on the beach and chill, meet broads, drink, party, drink, go back to my room.

Bet.....I can link up with you in both spots then. Definitely going to kick it in Durban. This is Table Mountain
2exavq0.jpg

102tipy.jpg

hovering around 16.90-17.10 to 1.....actually hit 18-1 two weeks back. was eating LOVELY

Yo, what's TV like down there?

Is it tons of American shows on down there or is it like their own industry down there.

Movies too.

Is it like mostly "Star Wars" and "Straight Outta Compton" at the theatres, or is mostly original South African type stuff.

And what's the quality of Tv, movies, music down there.

Who's the biggest rappers/singers down there?

ARe they dope?

Sorry to ask like 8 questions at once, but I was just wondering.:lolbron:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Yo, what's TV like down there? Don't know. Cut cord like 5 years ago. AppleTV FTW

Is it tons of American shows on down there or is it like their own industry down there. From the ads I see around town, they show all the shows that we watch back there. Reality TV (Kardashians, RHOA) are really big among broads unfortunately

Movies too.

Is it like mostly "Star Wars" and "Straight Outta Compton" at the theatres, or is mostly original South African type stuff. Theaters in the hipster section of Joburg usually only shows Africa films, mostly SA and Nigerian/Kenyan. When it comes to pop culture, there's really no difference between us & them. I did see more white folks at SOC tho

And what's the quality of Tv, movies, music down there. They love house, I hate it. Will leave it at that

Who's the biggest rappers/singers down there? Wouldn't know but the few times I've seen SA hip hop artists videos, it's an exact replica of The Roots "What They Do" video. shyt is too funny but I don't knock it. They just mimic what they see and hear from artists in the States

Sorry to ask like 8 questions at once, but I was just wondering.:lolbron:

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
@Lucky_Lefty
forgot all about u being here in SA breh
Touched down yesterday in Cape Town
Bout to check out some adult entertainment tonight but keep it lokey
tomorrow night i turn up and during the day i explore all of the cape
any recommendations as far as nightlife goes out here
Long Street....all you need is there. It's in the City Bowl section of town. I didn't kick it there. I mostly do house parties and whatnot. But I've heard stories of people snorting coke at curbside cafes on Long St like Miami in the 80s. Beware, hookers will tell cops you raped them and you'll have to bribe them not to get arrested. Seems to be a big hustle now.

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
Got some but a nikka feel like a creep for takin them shyts. Even got a *cough* session with this one chick. I use to hate IG but gotdamn if that shyt ain't the truth for meeting broads over here. Tinder too

So true. I stay sliding in DM's.

Looking through the Durban area rite now like dam. Got me wanting to throw some extra days on my leave lol

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
So true. I stay sliding in DM's.

Looking through the Durban area rite now like dam. Got me wanting to throw some extra days on my leave lol
what dates you plan on coming fam? It's nothing to hop on a bird and get there for the low low

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
You've only been to that country from what I know, so not the continent, you mean the country. If you get the job in Rwanda hit me up. :salute:
I've been to Lesotho, Swaziland, Eritrea (but that was back in like 02-03), had a long layover in Dakar once and got out and about but that was before the days of me snapping pics all the time. Even if you don't travel, everybody is from somewhere within the continent here. Like I went to Durban last week, met a family from Malawi now I'm going to a wedding they invited me to next month. The hospitality wasn't as big of a surprise but it is super appreciated that people I've never met in life take me in and treat me like I'm theirs. Real cool shyt man

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I've been to Lesotho, Swaziland, Eritrea (but that was back in like 02-03), had a long layover in Dakar once and got out and about but that was before the days of me snapping pics all the time. Even if you don't travel, everybody is from somewhere within the continent here. Like I went to Durban last week, met a family from Malawi now I'm going to a wedding they invited me to next month. The hospitality wasn't as big of a surprise but it is super appreciated that people I've never met in life take me in and treat me like I'm theirs. Real cool shyt man
Lesotho and Swaziland are countries in South Africa with fake borders lol. Eritrea is nice though. :ehh:

Glad you like it out here, african hospitality is like no other. I have been to CapeTown, it angers me too much seeing so many cacs strutting around like they own the place, I couldn't live there, I'd mess around and swing on someone looking at me like "what is he doing here" :what: on my own continent, naw bruv, someone would catch a fade. I prefer central, not a cac insight for miles at a time, black on black midnight super sun black. Cacs on contract are located around CBD but they tippy toe and speak with a soft tone and visitor eyes.

The girl 2 - 3 pages prior, I think she was wearing yellow, you need to wife that. :noah:

South Africa seafood is :wow: S.A have a very good comedy scene, sometimes they have shows at the Baxter Theater if you can catch one.

Lucky_Lefty

Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
S.A have a very good comedy scene, sometimes they have shows at the Baxter Theater if you can catch one.
where you at fam? I sometimes checkout improv night at POPart in the Maboneng district on Sunday's. Before his immigration issues, apparently Mos popped up and did a couple of Sunday's there

6ixSigma

Pro
Daps
what dates you plan on coming fam? It's nothing to hop on a bird and get there for the low low

My company admin said they picking up the tab on the flight but that's out the norm for them to pick up the full cost (usually they only pay the distance from the middle east to London). I don't know how they came up with that mileage formula. Either way i should be good weather they pay half or all.

This my tentative itinerary:

Flying out to Cape Town Wednesday Feb 17th. Do that shark diving and hit table top mountain (possibly Mandela cell) then fly to Dunbar that Saturday morning (the 20th). Stay there until that next Sunday (28th) then make my way back to the Middle East.