Ask a breh with Asperger's Syndrome anything!

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I feel empathy. Most aspies do. We just can't express it as well as neurotypicals which leads to an idea that aspies lack empathy.

There's an article out there that says that high-functioning autistic people have stronger emotions than neurotypicals on average and even more prone to scams that take advantage of emotional responses.
Aspies lacking empathy is a huge misconception. If anything they have too much of it compared to most NT’s.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Do you still struggle to date?
I went on a couple dates since then and nothing came out of it. I gotten to the point when I'm not upset at it and more or less accepted that it'll take some time for me to get a successful relationship

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Do u smoke weed???

Have you watched Digimon???

Do u bump Master P???

Was your Dad a hero?
1. Occasionally. Probably once every 2 months or so

2. I watched Digimon as a kid. Wasn't the big of it

3. I like Master P. Take Da Charge is my favorite song by him

4. My dad had and still has a lot of flaws but I appreciate him a lot and we talk on the phone three or four times a week

Last edited:

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I went on a couple dates since then and nothing came out of it. I gotten to the point when I'm not upset at it and more or less accepted that it'll take some time for me to get a successful relationship
Have you tried dating a women that’s autistic as well or who has other ND conditions like ADHD, Bipolar, OCD and Dyslexia?

We ND people tend to relate more with each other. :yeshrug:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Not sure if it's been asked but does the Coli help you in any way?

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Thanks for the thread and your honesty. I think a lot of us, people in general, but definitely people on the coli and message boards in general are on the spectrum. Having a hyperfocus in certain areas is a sign of that.

My girlfriend has Autism/ADHD and she has helped me "diagnose" some of the shyt I've dealt with my whole life. I have a very short social fuse and when I'm done, I just leave which I've been told is awkward. I've smoked weed since I was 15 not so much for the high, but it calms my brain down and my thoughts don't race as much. All the time I thought I was cool, I was just self medicating :mjcry:

But that's why it is called a spectrum. We all land somewhere on it so we have a lot in common with each other. Hopefully threads like this help people understand themselves more and have a little more empathy for the people they come across on their day to day because we're all dealing with something. And it might seem minor but if you gotta deal with it everyday, it can fukk with you.

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Also find it easier to make online friends for some reason

My girl is the same way. I assume it's because it gives you control and distance that is easier to manage. Face to face relationships you're dealing with everything in real time which can be overwhelming but online/text relationships you have the power on when you interact and can put it down if it gets too much.

IRL relationships require a lot of work too which is daunting to those on the spectrum. My girl wants to try and be more social and reach out but I know it's a struggle when it seems other people want to to do stuff more or talk more regularly than she wants/can.

Good luck out there, dude. Life ain't simple but you're not alone :salute:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
Have you tried dating a women that’s autistic as well or who has other ND conditions like ADHD, Bipolar, OCD and Dyslexia?

We ND people tend to relate more with each other. :yeshrug:
I don't know too many women with those conditions in real life. Met a few online, though. Even fell in love with an autistic woman who lives on the East Coast (I live on the West Coast). They're less likely than men to have an official diagnosis with not just autism but other ND conditions as well, so a lot of women suffer in silence. They are out there if you look for them, though

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
My girl is the same way. I assume it's because it gives you control and distance that is easier to manage. Face to face relationships you're dealing with everything in real time which can be overwhelming but online/text relationships you have the power on when you interact and can put it down if it gets too much.

IRL relationships require a lot of work too which is daunting to those on the spectrum. My girl wants to try and be more social and reach out but I know it's a struggle when it seems other people want to to do stuff more or talk more regularly than she wants/can.

Good luck out there, dude. Life ain't simple but you're not alone :salute:
Nice to hear, breh:salute:. Makes a lot of sense why making online friends is easier