Ask a breh traveling thru Colombia 🇨🇴 & Panama 🇵🇦 anything

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Do y’all buy SIM cards for your phone at the airport or do you just use regular phone/ plans when abroad, is it common you see gringos over there taking pics/ using GoPros
You’ll get price gouged at the airports. In Panama they wanted $40 at the airport for a SIM, kiosk at the mall (albrook @The Minister ) charged me $9.50

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
:salute:@Noriega and the rest of you bruhs dropping knowledge, just came back from Panama .. I was there almost a week.. the city is dope af
What spots you hit ? What did you think of the nightlife? Did you get at the chicas? Food?

Please don’t tell me it rained there whole time you was there :mjcry:

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
What spots you hit ? What did you think of the nightlife? Did you get at the chicas? Food?

Please don’t tell me it rained there whole time you was there :mjcry:
:mjgrin: It rained the day I came in as soon as we landed and lasted for a few hours , then on the night we was supposed to go out to the clubs in Casco Antiguo.. but we actually powered through and took a Uber to the meetup spot for the bar crawl and the rain stopped :blessed:.. the night life was dope too, first 2 clubs was mainly us tourist but the last 3 had the locals there too.. next time I’ll check out the nightlife outside Casco antiguo.. I hit up Tobaga island , walked around the city around Calle Argentina , and checked out the multiplaza mall , pretty much all the food spots was on point but El Caribe and El BotePty at Mercado de Marisco were my favorites .. by the 2nd day I was using my Spanish as much as I can to get comfortable speaking it.. I’m still a novice but I can understand a decent amount and can get by … they got some baddies down there forsure but I wasn’t on them tough since I’m in a relationship, just dancing at the club or with some of the American/ tourist chicks in the club too.. I was trying to wingman for my nephew and live through him :pachaha: . He been to Costa Rica too with his college last year

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
Now all my family is brave enough to go since I went .. my pops and his brothers want me to start planning a whole family thing to visit Panama next year.. I’m definitely hitting up Colon forsure and gonna try to make my way down to Bocas for the San blas islands

Smokee Robinson

All Star
Daps
How safe is Panama? What percent of the ppl are blk? What level of English is spoken there?
I felt pretty safe , like 9/10 people I interacted with were nice..if you know some type of conversational Spanish it’s helpful forsure but maybe half of my Uber drivers knew at least basic English the others either didn’t or just assumed we spoke Spanish just like them.. i felt the same when I visited NYC and had a Airbnb in Spanish Harlem .. it’s a lot of brown folks , some black folks and a big range in between. If you carry your self with respect and don’t look like a victim you’ll be safe

Noriega

Simps R Us
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside,Chicago
Now all my family is brave enough to go since I went .. my pops and his brothers want me to start planning a whole family thing to visit Panama next year.. I’m definitely hitting up Colon forsure and gonna try to make my way down to Bocas for the San blas islands
San Blas has some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve been to anywhere in Latin America. Bocas is pretty too but overran with European backpackers and nomads. If you head up that way you can hit Limon, Costa Rica which is about 4 hours over the border. Very black city, people speak English…feels like you’re in Jamaica 🇯🇲 Definitely worth the bus trip

If you hit Colon you gotta go to Isla Grande and Portobelo

How safe is Panama? What percent of the ppl are blk? What level of English is spoken there?
Panama is safer than most major US cities. As I’ve said previously in this thread. I walk 10 minutes back to my aunts place from the local bar/discoteca with my iPhone and wallet in my pocket at midnight and I never feel unsafe

I’d never do this in Colombia, Honduras, Ecuador :hubie:

Panama City and the provinces of Colon & Bocas are were majority of the blacks are. I don’t know the exact numbers but Panama is very black compared to other Central American countries.

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
San Blas has some of the most beautiful beaches I’ve been to anywhere in Latin America. Bocas is pretty too but overran with European backpackers and nomads. If you head up that way you can hit Limon, Costa Rica which is about 4 hours over the border. Very black city, people speak English…feels like you’re in Jamaica 🇯🇲 Definitely worth the bus trip

If you hit Colon you gotta go to Isla Grande and Portobelo

Panama is safer than most major US cities. As I’ve said previously in this thread. I walk 10 minutes back to my aunts place from the local bar/discoteca with my iPhone and wallet in my pocket at midnight and I never feel unsafe

Panama City and the provinces of Colon & Bocas are were majority of the blacks are. I don’t know the exact numbers but Panama is very black compared to other Central American countries.
Panama was pretty much the Black Colombians historically (just look at what in Colombia is next to Panama, i.e. Choco).

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
:salute: salute breh.. being the pied Piper for the fam as a whole to expand their horizons and see the world..

Evil genius Jay

The TSC PLAYAZ!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Jersey City, New Jersey
I prefer Barranquilla over Cartagena
Brarranquilla have some of beautiful girl I seen so far. Brarranquilla have everything, the police always everywhere and I feel more safe in Brarranquilla than Cartagena. Going back to Brarranquilla in 2 years.
Going back in March next year
Buying plane ticket in Aug,
Rent an airbnb in Barranquilla for two week
Carnival start Mar 1 - 4
Can't wait!!!!