Aside From Himself (& The Undertaker) Who Did The Rock Help Put/Get Over This Run…?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
He little brothered everyone this run, and calling himself the "Final Boss" was bullshyt since he doesn't hold a championship. One thing for Reigns to be calling himself that because of his reign, but Rock had no reason to give himself that name just because he's now a part owner.
The Final Boss that wasn’t the Final Boss, unless he is planting the seeds for Cody vs. Rock. But Cody would have the title, so The Rock wouldn’t be the Final Boss in that scenario.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He little brothered everyone this run, and calling himself the "Final Boss" was bullshyt since he doesn't hold a championship. One thing for Reigns to be calling himself that because of his reign, but Rock had no reason to give himself that name just because he's now a part owner.

GKj7u7YXcAAZdhi.png

:ufdup:

Silkk

Daps
Everyone in that tag match is established. Rock wasn’t feuding with LA Knight or Austin Theory. Who needed to be “put over” to better their career?
How about the people in the opening post?

The other member of the bloodline?

Not only did they not get more over, He overshadowed and little brothered Roman this entire run.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Everyone in that tag match is established. Rock wasn’t feuding with LA Knight or Austin Theory. Who needed to be “put over” to better their career?

I'd love to see this feud for the lone fact that The Rock could absolutely bury the guy who's cosplaying him.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Rock/Cody is more comparable to Batista/Danielson since WWE actually did a pivot both times after listening to the fans and made the right decision. There was no pivot or righting any wrongs for what HHH and Nash did to the Summer of Punk :pachaha:

Silkk

Daps
Cody became a much bigger babyface cuz of him
Can we stop with this lie?

Cody was already this before the rock even got back.

Which is why The Rock decided to work with him :comeon:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
nikka got pushed aside cause he was already super over and the fans got his ass up outta here. Knock it off :mjlol:

Rock just spent the last 2 months advertising "Cody's story" on his social media for millions of casual fans and getting outside viewers invested it a dried up storyline. There's more to putting people over than just taking a pin. Sometime it's being a villain and helping create a sympathetic hero for people to root for (yes more than last year).

But you're right. Cody is super over and The Rock didn't add anything. He did it all by himself. Let's see how over he is in a few months now that the payoff is complete. :mjgrin:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
He was legitimately Cody's lone bit of non-Brock adversity (which doesn't count really if you think about it) that he faced between losing at Mania 39 and winning at Mania 40. A good face should have to overcome adversity.

Yes, I know, he tore his pec. And Seth still jobbed to him inside Hell In A Cell. That man had been virtually bulletproof until the Rock made him FAFO.

Speaking personally, The Rock laying the smackdown on Cody outside of his bus made me OK with Cody winning the title. Frankly, it made me more interested in a Cody/Rock feud than Cody/Roman.

I would also suggest letting the run play out in full before making a judgement call.

Silkk

Daps
Rock just spent the last 2 months advertising "Cody's story" on his social media for millions of casual fans and getting outside viewers invested it a dried up storyline. There's more to putting people over than just taking a pin. Sometime it's being a villain and helping create a sympathetic hero for people to root for (yes more than last year).

But you're right. Cody is super over and The Rock didn't add anything. He did it all by himself. Let's see how over he is in a few months now that the payoff is complete. :mjgrin:
A dried up storyline :dead:

Did you not watch the rumble? Cmon breh :dead:

Silkk

Daps
He was legitimately Cody's lone bit of non-Brock adversity (which doesn't count really if you think about it) that he faced between losing at Mania 39 and winning at Mania 40. A good face should have to overcome adversity.

Yes, I know, he tore his pec. And Seth still jobbed to him inside Hell In A Cell. That man had been virtually bulletproof until the Rock made him FAFO.

Speaking personally, The Rock laying the smackdown on Cody outside of his bus made me OK with Cody winning the title. Frankly, it made me more interested in a Cody/Rock feud than Cody/Roman.

I would also suggest letting the run play out in full before making a judgement call.
He lett the company and completely reinvented himself after being told he would never be shyt

Got so over in doing so that the biggest alternative wrestling company since WCW was formed

But yeah, He needed more “adversity” :skip:

Silkk

Daps
Yeah, a dried up storyline. A Rock-less build-up to WM looks like that last promo between Roman & Cody on Smackdown. :dead:
Probably looks like WM39 which the rock was nowhere around for and they still smashed every record :ehh: