Asian stars of "Hawaii Five-0" quit cause CBS refused to pay them as much as white co-stars

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

"Hawaii Five-0" stars Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park have left the CBS show after the network refused to pay them as much as their white costars, Variety reports.

Sources told the outlet that Kim and Park were seeking salaries equal to those of stars Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan, but they were unable to reach a deal with the show's producer, CBS Television Studios.

CBS's final offer to the two actors was reportedly "10-15% lower" than the salaries of their two white costars.

A representative for the network told Variety in a statement: "We are so appreciative of Daniel and Grace's enormous talents, professional excellence, and the aloha spirit they brought to each and every one of our 168 episodes. They've helped us build an exciting new Hawaii Five-0, and we wish them all the best and much success in their next chapters. Mahalo and a hui hou."

The CBS reboot of a police procedural drama premiered in 2010, and Kim and Park starred alongside O'Loughlin and Caan for seven seasons.

Kim's and Park's characters, Chin Ho Kelly and Kono Kalakaua, respectively, will not appear in the show's eighth season.

Tetsuo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:ehh: Good, I have another job for Grace in my quarters
full

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
I watched the first couple of seasons but why would they think they should be paid as much as the stars of the show? :mindblown:

CBS is a station for old cacs, they aren't going to stop watching because because those Asian cats left:mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Don't watch the show... How important are their roles?

Pretty big in a way... they was there as the first episode... it was always an ensemble cast with danny and mcgarret as the main team.. but without these two there wouldnt be a team... kind of fukked up...

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Hahaha

I'm not surprised...

I was on that show for awhile. They were cool but only there to kinda represent "The island" in a way that didn't interfere with the old whites who actually watch the show.

But mostly all they were looking for were military-ish looking guys and skinny white girls

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Hahaha

I'm not surprised...

I was on that show for awhile. They were cool but only there to kinda represent "The island" in a way that didn't interfere with the old whites who actually watch the show.

But mostly all they were looking for were military-ish looking guys and skinny white girls

O'hana dont mean shyt to these fools in real life...:mjlol: