You call that a smiley?

ayf0U.png
You got me breh. But guess what? It's coming with me

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Raging Bull is my goat scorcese flick, surprised thato there weren't any "black" movies. Menace is top my 5 imo:manny:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I rewatched the Three Colors trilogy and have decided that my top 10 is now incorrect.

Medulla Oblongata

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
City of God, The Matrix, Pulp Fiction, Terminator 2, and others I don't feel like naming. I still haven't seen Shawshank Redemption, lol.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
After thinking some more about the list I just can't understand why Matrix made the top 10. It seems like people here are mostly saying it belongs here because it changed films so much but if that's the case this list should be full of movies like The Jazz Singer. Its cool and all but for me might not even be in the top 50-100

On a side note @MartyMcFly why is The Maltese Falcon on your list, it's a good movie but what about it is top 10 (besides Peter Lorre)

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
After thinking some more about the list I just can't understand why Matrix made the top 10. It seems like people here are mostly saying it belongs here because it changed films so much but if that's the case this list should be full of movies like The Jazz Singer. Its cool and all but for me might not even be in the top 50-100

On a side note @MartyMcFly why is The Maltese Falcon on your list, it's a good movie but what about is top 10 (besides Peter Lorre)

I feel like it's a landmark film with regards to film noir a genre that still exists to this day in one way or another. Sam Spade has been imitated over and over and over and over. The direction is on point the script is excellent and the film doesn't look to give any easy answers. It's one of the greatest maguffins in cinema two of the greatest characters in Spade and Gutman, and to be real just so damn cool. It says a lot about the world of that time and is still relevant today in terms of cynicism, optimism, a code of morality, and ultimately doing what's right even if it's hard to do. Often imitated never duplicated