As of 2019 Wu Tang Has Never Performed in Africa Because Their Fees to Damn High!!

Daps
I disagree.

Wasn't there a controversy when Beyonce performed about the govt. (allegedly) paying her fee?

In 2006 she was paid by THISDAY, one of the largest Africa-owned media groups in Africa.
I never heard of the controversy.

Tbh, if Nigerians really wanted wutang to come over, money will not be problem.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
In 2006 she was paid by THISDAY, one of the largest Africa-owned media groups in Africa.
I never heard of the controversy.

Tbh, if Nigerians really wanted wutang to come over, money will not be problem.
Well, if you're from that culture you can make more sense of the story than I could. With stories about political corruption it's hard to determine veracity of allegations and whether they are politically motivated ,even for story in your home country, much less an international story. Does shock me a bit that you never heard of the controversy at all.

I read about it years ago in an article about international promoters, venues, and bookings.
I believe Goodluck Jonathan was president at the time.

I'm sure that if demand was great enough, that a Nigerian promoter would try to bring them all in to perform. Not sure that he could recoup his expenses at this stage of the Wu's career, though.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Well, if you're from that culture you can make more sense of the story than I could. With stories about political corruption it's hard to determine veracity of allegations and whether they are politically motivated ,even for story in your home country, much less an international story. Does shock me a bit that you never heard of the controversy at all.

I read about it years ago in an article about international promoters, venues, and bookings.
I believe Goodluck Jonathan was president at the time.

I'm sure that if demand was great enough, that a Nigerian promoter would try to bring them all in to perform. Not sure that he could recoup his expenses at this stage of the Wu's career, though.

when i was down there in nigeria boyz 2 men were coming the following week

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Out their own mouth from the doc. In high school almost every member was terrorized by some Grease the movie looking Italian dudes. That shyt bugged me out hearing that shyt. I can’t imagine being HS with my boys running from dudes like this
1f62c65d62f214c88347a40bb1ec7442.jpg

I’m sorry that shyt funny AF to me

he was talking about when they were kids. It's the same reason why the Black Spades formed in the Bronx

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Can't listen right now to what he says but tbh how many hip-hop acts from that era have ever performed in Africa? They've always had a big following in Europe, not sure about Africa.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
@Alvin didnt get any notifications that you tagged you so my bad for responding late but to answer your question I think my dad has only been to Staten Island once or twice in his entire life in America since being here since 1980.

We all know Staten Island is racist looking in from the outside. It’s a borough filled with white cops and Italians who got pushed out by the Chinese in Brooklyn.

But it also depends where you at. The North shore where the black lives is diverse with blacks, Rican, Mexicans and whites and a lot of the whites there Are heron addicts.

The south shirt is the whitest place in America. Lots of money down there and filled with whites who don’t have to worry about seeing minorities in their neighborhood.

I don’t think anybody in the entire city knows that the south shore exist or that there is another bridge there that takes you into New Jersey.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
to answer your question not yet but that's crazy, staten island did have racial tension because of the large amounts of Italians and police officers who would live there to get away from "the city"

@Nicole0416 you ever hear stories or have racial encounters with italians?

@HaitianPattyFromNYC your dad ever take a L from the italians he had issues with?

ill be damned if i let any white person run me out of anywhere

"sticking up white boys in ball courts" - raekwon

I can't see GFK or Method Man allowing that to happen to them, all them members of the wu look thorough but out of all them GFK or Method Man even U-God with his temper look like they ain't going for no bullshyt
They were talking about when they were children breh. You as a preteen weren't gonna stop a mob of older kids from running you out of anything, stop it.