As of 2019 Wu Tang Has Never Performed in Africa Because Their Fees to Damn High!!

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Loud Records did excellent job with promo tours for their artists...Mobb Deep (rip P) and Wutang were able to tour for years because of the groundwork and connections they made on those promo dates.

Surprised to hear that Wu never performed as a group on the continent, even after their peak was over. Interesting to know who performed as solo acts over there though.
s/o steve rifkind

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Out their own mouth from the doc. In high school almost every member was terrorized by some Grease the movie looking Italian dudes. That shyt bugged me out hearing that shyt. I can’t imagine being HS with my boys running from dudes like this
1f62c65d62f214c88347a40bb1ec7442.jpg

I’m sorry that shyt funny AF to me

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Is this the same thing as saying Krs or Troy Ave for that matter aren't doing big shows in Atlanta cause their fees are too high, I.e. people do not like them enough to pay money to see them :gucci:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Out their own mouth from the doc. In high school almost every member was terrorized by some Grease the movie looking Italian dudes. That shyt bugged me out hearing that shyt. I can’t imagine being HS with my boys running from dudes like this

Did you see the doc? He's talking about racist cacs on Staten Island chasing black kids out of their neighborhood.
I posted this in a thread in the Locker Room section

Discrimination of a large wave of new immigrants is nothing more than a historical pattern that has taken place in world history and in this case American history. Especially when that new group is being villified in the press. Irish.....Italians....Jews....Puerto Ricans.Each group gets shytted on....and turns around and does it to the next group.

Anybody who has read immigration history is aware of this. Even people who don't read books saw this theme in Gangs of New York, as in the time period and city covered, it was the Irish poor's time to be the targets.

Irish as targets

Italians as targets from Irish

AAs as targets from Italians (low life scum were going to firebomb Black neighborhood)

Poor wave of immigrants come in......move to poor areas in new country , and the green light goes on among some of the previous group who still live there. I'm certain that the first poor waves of previous Caribbean groups caught heat from whichever white ethnic group or AAs they encountered.
Some waves of African Americans migrating north from the south surely caught heat from the white ethnics who were still in the areas they moved to.

The facts and patterns of history don't support what you guys are saying.

Posted this in a thread discussing new group catching hell from the old group. Tried to explain to people that it's a pattern of history.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps

Did you see the doc? He's talking about racist cacs on Staten Island chasing black kids out of their neighborhood.
to answer your question not yet but that's crazy, staten island did have racial tension because of the large amounts of Italians and police officers who would live there to get away from "the city"

@Nicole0416 you ever hear stories or have racial encounters with italians?

@HaitianPattyFromNYC your dad ever take a L from the italians he had issues with?

ill be damned if i let any white person run me out of anywhere

"sticking up white boys in ball courts" - raekwon

I can't see GFK or Method Man allowing that to happen to them, all them members of the wu look thorough but out of all them GFK or Method Man even U-God with his temper look like they ain't going for no bullshyt

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
to answer your question not yet but that's crazy, staten island did have racial tension because of the large amounts of Italians and police officers who would live there to get away from "the city"

@HaitianPattyFromNYC your dad ever take a L from the italians he had issues with?

I can't see GFK or Method Man allowing that to happen to them, all them members of the wu look thorough but out of all them GFK or Method Man even U-God with his temper look like they ain't going for no bullshyt

So you got 20 nikkas with bats chasing you. What are you going to do?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I posted this in a thread in the Locker Room section

Posted this in a thread discussing new group catching hell from the old group. Tried to explain to people that it's a pattern of history.
yep I agree, people forgot during that first big wave of immigration you had naturalized white people and non "white" immigrants (germans, eastern europeans, italians, etc.) who faced discrimination from american born white folk. Really, Little Italy, German Town, Little Odessa are ghettoes in the classical sense

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
So you got 20 nikkas with bats chasing you. What are you going to do?
the same thing that the wu would do if another black crew ran up on them, have a gun on me and get ready to bust. Or catch them slipping at a later date and crack their head open

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

It was a numbers game though. Italians were DEEP on Staten Island, and the mob boss(of New York) at the time lived on S.I., so the criminal element of Italians was out there heavy.

Blacks were a minority.

Similar stories happened in other East coast cities before the numbers imbalance ended.People don't talk about it, but it happened.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the same thing that the wu would do if another black crew ran up on them, have a gun on me and get ready to bust. Or catch them slipping at a later date and crack their head open

1. You are still going to run if you don't have that gun on you. It's either that or get fukked up real bad. Might not be a next time. 2. A lot that shyt happened when they were kids. What guns?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
It was a numbers game though. Italians were DEEP on Staten Island, and the mob boss(of New York) at the time lived on S.I., so the criminal element of Italians was out there heavy.

Blacks were a minority.

Similar stories happened in other East coast cities before the numbers imbalance ended.People don't talk about it, but it happened.
blacks taking L's to wops :mjcry: wtf